DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, Im looking to build a custom box for my two American Bass XD-12 D4 subs. I listen to Electronic and Rap music, so I’m leaning towards a ported enclosure.

Max heigh - 16.5”
Max width- 29”
No max depth

Not sure how long this takes but if anyone had time could you please model a box for me? I’m trying to do it myself but all the details are confusing me.
There are the subs:

·
Registered
9,010 Posts
This is what people will need to model for you. And you should provide the power you will be feeding them. And to get to about 5 cuft total you will need to have about 26 inches of depth. What is the vehicle?
Text Font Line Number Pattern

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what people will need to model for you. And you should provide the power you will be feeding them. And to get to about 5 cuft total you will need to have about 26 inches of depth. What is the vehicle?
View attachment 276816
Thanks for that chart. The vehicle is a 2017 Kia Forte. I will be powering them with a Kenwood xr1001-1 1000w rms

·
Registered
9,010 Posts
Thanks for that chart. The vehicle is a 2017 Kia Forte. I will be powering them with a Kenwood xr1001-1 1000w rms
Thats a trunk lid and not a hatch correct? You may be limited to how big a box you can slide into the trunk. I would find a cardboard box around that size..to see if it fits :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats a trunk lid and not a hatch correct? You may be limited to how big a box you can slide into the trunk. I would find a cardboard box around that size..to see if it fits :)
Yea a trunk lid. Since it’s limited to height and width wouldn’t the depth just vary? Can it be a tight fit or does it need space from each side

·
Registered
9,010 Posts
It needs to get past the opening in the trunk. I get that the trunk will house a 16" high box that is 29" wide and you have tons of depth inside the trunk...BUT do your self a favor and find a cardboard box that is 16 x29 x26 and make sure it will actually be able to be put into the trunk thru the opening. Lots of people build boxes only to find out they wont fit thru the opening LOL.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It needs to get past the opening in the trunk. I get that the trunk will house a 16" high box that is 29" wide and you have tons of depth inside the trunk...BUT do your self a favor and find a cardboard box that is 16 x29 x26 and make sure it will actually be able to be put into the trunk thru the opening. Lots of people build boxes only to find out they wont fit thru the opening LOL.
Ohhh that’s what you mean. Gotcha I’ll do it asap

·
Registered
9,010 Posts
Ohhh that’s what you mean. Gotcha I’ll do it asap
haha...yup. worst case is you might have to adjust the 16.5 down to 14 or so. And i have never seen a sedan that only allowed 29" wide. Most will let you get 36-39 inches wide. But i have been out of sedans for awhile.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha...yup. worst case is you might have to adjust the 16.5 down to 14 or so. And i have never seen a sedan that only allowed 29" wide. Most will let you get 36-39 inches wide. But i have been out of sedans for awhile.
I can get more width if I bring it out towards the back of the trunk, but the space right behind the rear seats is only 29 cause of the wheels I guess

1 - 10 of 10 Posts