DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this in the modify forum but no response and I think it probably belongs here (no question is too dumb)

Ok I just got a new car, and I absolutely love it. It's a 94 Cadillac Deville with only 53k miles on it. A real creampuff. I don't want to do much to the car, but would like to listen to pandora through my Galaxy S2 on it. An ebay search turned up this:

94 CADILLAC DEVILLE CONCOURS CD Tape Radio SAT Mp3 AUX | eBay

The guy said he could add an AUX input to my radio for $75 - what do you guys think? Also my CD player won't allow me to insert a disc, if one is stuck any ideas on how to remove it? If not I may have this guy fix that as well.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Why not just go with an after market deck?

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Keep the OEM deck for tuner and whatever else. Get an OEM sound processor like an MS-8 which will allow for aftermarket equipment on the stock deck PLUS give you an direct AUX input for the fixed level source of your choice. Move the volume control to the processor and live with have to press 3 buttons to source select and your set. Better than any mod to that head unit period.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't want to go aftermarket because I really enjoy how the car looks stock - if I were to switch it out it'd have to be with a Panny Bottlehead or double din McIntosh for me to be happy with changing the factory clean look of the car.

I am considering the MS-8 especially since the car comes factory with a 4x6 dash speaker. The car sounds remarkably well stock, very nice sound stage.

Anyone have any ideas on how he connects the AUX input? I could always use a powered in line fm modulator - do you think the mod described in this auction would outperform that? $50 for the modulator or $75 for the mod hmmmm...

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
I don't want to go aftermarket because I really enjoy how the car looks stock - if I were to switch it out it'd have to be with a Panny Bottlehead or double din McIntosh for me to be happy with changing the factory clean look of the car.

I am considering the MS-8 especially since the car comes factory with a 4x6 dash speaker. The car sounds remarkably well stock, very nice sound stage.

Anyone have any ideas on how he connects the AUX input? I could always use a powered in line fm modulator - do you think the mod described in this auction would outperform that? $50 for the modulator or $75 for the mod hmmmm...
I put FM modulators right up there with two cans and a piece of string transmission.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I put FM modulators right up there with two cans and a piece of string transmission.
No way, the 2 cans and string sound much better than an FM modulator (less interference too).

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
Did someone say two cans? Well, to get back on track a processor is going to work/sound way nicer and cost more. It depends on what you want to do, if you want to use the stock system and just input your source it looks like you will have to fiddle with that factory HU deal. Or you could find some other EQ/processor you can add to it with an input that is much less capable than an MS8/etc. If you want to put amps/drivers and all in there a full on processor will work much nicer, and the MS8 has its own amp if its enough power for you.

·
Registered
898 Posts
MS-8 is your best option. Bigger internal amp, and would get you that next level in quality sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts