DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I hear people talking about molex plugs on this site all the time, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what kind to use and where to buy the friggin things.

I'm looking for basic quick connects for speaker leads, I'm using the spade connectors from auto stores, but anyone with experience with these know that the crimp connectors are not the best. I'd love to be able to solder them and be done, but then there is no insulation.

Online vendors are preferred for sure, I need them to ship to Canada.

Thanks!

·
Registered
572 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from Parts Express ship same day and come with 45 day money back guarantee. Free Shipping Available. Order free 10,000 product catalog.

Molex 2-Pin Connector Kit 0.093" 3 Sets 092-552

They have a wide variety of molex to choose from and ship fast.
Shipping is a little on the high side, unless you order $100 and then it's free.

Make sure you also get the larger inserts for the wire size your using.
Molex 14-20 Gauge Pins 0.093" 10 Pair 092-570
Thank you very much. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
84 Posts
PE has lot's of goodies that's for sure but be prepared to pay three times the price of the plugs for shipping :eek:

I bought some banana plugs and wire terminals last week and the shipping charge doubled my final price.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Check out this site:
Anderson Powerpoles:

A dozen different colors and current capacities. They worked out really well. I have them between my terminal blocks and all amps as well as between the amps and all my speakers. I can disconnect everything in a minute or two with out pulling any fuses or worrying about shorting a wire.

·
Registered
75 Posts
there are tons of suppliers, even ebay can get you good deals. if you are looking to make your own quick-connects, then i would stick to something more widely available, like gm weather-pack, and alike. you can crimp those with genaric roll-crimpers. also, if you want to stick to spades, or similar, like bullet connectors, phillips makes some good quality ones for a reasonable price, and where insulation is an issue, you can solder all you like, and slip some good heat-shrink over them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts