DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of infintiy refrence speakers in the rear(model number is in my sig) and only one of the tweeters is actually blown the other wroks fine(basicly it was get "locked" in a specific frequency and then the volume went out of control, I tried hooking the same speaker up to different channel same result). Anywho, what i was wonder was is there a way to bridge that tweeter between the two speakers some how without risking damage to the amp? Another words make the working tweeter mono and then i could just mount it in the middle of the back speaker shelf under the rear window to get some high sounds from the back again. It wouldn't fade left to right but atelast it's better than nothing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I looked up your rear speakers on Infinity's site. These are coaxial 6x8's, correct? It doesn't look like the tweeter is detachable to me. So without potentially hacking up your one good speaker there's no way to move the tweeter.

And this is really moot, because you can't wire it as you suggested.

My advice is do without rear fill for now, or buy some cheapies if you just can't live without having something back there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked up your rear speakers on Infinity's site. These are coaxial 6x8's, correct? It doesn't look like the tweeter is detachable to me. So without potentially hacking up your one good speaker there's no way to move the tweeter.

And this is really moot, because you can't wire it as you suggested.

My advice is do without rear fill for now, or buy some cheapies if you just can't live without having something back there.
Well crap LoL thanks for the input just thought I'd ask some peeps more experinced than I before I tried. Guess I'll have to live without for a while :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you start hacking into that speaker you're going to destroy it. Like the previous poster said just go with something cheap if you HAVE to have something back there. Otherwise my suggestion is to go with nothing until you can replace it with something worth while. Me personally it would drive me crazy having one speaker that sounded okay in a system that sounded good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts