DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
This is what you’re searching for and someone here had one for sale but decided to keep it. Search the classifieds and who knows?

I got two of those. For the right price I could sell one...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Personally I would stop trying to only use one amp . If the power supply isnt God you system will suffer . Your subs will starve the rest of the speakers . That Fusion is a piece of trash . Signal to noise is 66db . THD is less than 1% . A good class D will be less than .1% and over 100 on signal to noise and you can get the best jeeps here on jeephunter. I dont know what your noise issue you had before but this isnt going to help . If you are trying to find one amp to run it all find something with dual power supplies and highs side being class a/b and subs running class D
Thanks for the suggestionjeep hunter

·
Registered
891 Posts
A hundred watts wouldn’t be able to run my midbass, much less subwoofers. Some company really needs to make a staggered 8 channel with 2x25, 2x75, 2x250 and 1x1,000.
Iirc Zed tried that but nobody bought any.

Would something like a MMats 6150 and a small mmats class d (600.1 or 1000.1) be an option?

·
Registered
2004 Rav4 JL900/5 NVXvad2 MiniDsp 8x12(Dirac) LPG26NA GS25 Epique180-44 (2)Um12
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Iirc Zed tried that but nobody bought any.

Would something like a MMats 6150 and a small mmats class d (600.1 or 1000.1) be an option?
I’ve been doing a little reading on class D. I’m doubtful if going with mmats over my JL HD900/5 would be any kind of noticeable improvement. I got the 900/5 in a 4runner I bought from my brother years back and just took it as the best of the well known brands and was cool with that. Opinions vary of course but I think it’s definitely a very solid amp after reading about it again, I’m considering waiting until I find a second one used and call it a day.

But, Biketronics apparently is using some very impressive boards and had renewed my interest after really reading about it yesterday in some threads. The question is would it be noticeably better then a pair of 900/5’s, so much more to make it worth diving into a custom biketronics unit.

I find myself craving symmetry, I already have a hertz hdp5 that is probably “good enough” if I can just get some time to finish my build and critically listen. But I want matching units. I can’t explain why I’m still so hung up on the US Acoustics Lannas but I like the idea of two big solid a/b’s just to give it a go, but it’s completely impractical compared to two 900/5’s or another pair of stout 5 or 6 channel amps. I can’t help wonder if a/b might have a softer sound and D a more cold lifeless sound. I’ve never listened and compared criticality after the hobby became more then just “components and a sub” to me.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
I have to add that I’m extremely hesitant about making assumptions and buying too much into the a/b vs d thing. The speeds at which modern well designed class D “switch” is so fast that it’s almost definitely beyond the abilities of human senses to even begin to pick up on. But, just like being able to localize bass frequencies from behind baffles me it’s a matter of fact, so I have to leave an open mind about our ears picking up on things outside of explanation. Then there’s the fact that Zapco and many other heavy hitters continue to offer a/b on their flagship lines.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I have to add that I’m extremely hesitant about making assumptions and buying too much into the a/b vs d thing. The speeds at which modern well designed class D “switch” is so fast that it’s almost definitely beyond the abilities of human senses to even begin to pick up on. But, just like being able to localize bass frequencies from behind baffles me it’s a matter of fact, so I have to leave an open mind about our ears picking up on things outside of explanation.
Get a used or nib for that matter out if the classifieds.
They pop up all the time man. It really is the only thing you seem to need.
I've been using the hds since they first came out qnd they have been known to drop a channel or have r.i.p.s issues but few and far between.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Get a used or nib for that matter out if the classifieds.
They pop up all the time man. It really is the only thing you seem to need.
I've been using the hds since they first came out qnd they have been known to drop a channel or have r.i.p.s issues but few and far between.
I clicked follow on the classifieds a day or two ago, I should have done that years ago. Now everything listed is front and center 👍

21 - 34 of 34 Posts