·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Interesting that link says nothing about the wire but works on my browser. Let me no if its invalid or wrong and I'll just poet the seller and you can search his store yourself.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appears same or more then others ... 1 0 GAUGE WIRE, Electronics, Jewelry Watches items on eBay.com

Have you considered welding wire from a local welding shop ?
Ya I actually have thought about it as I know there is virtually no difference between the 2 (welding cable and the so called "auto power amp wire") beside looks and price. But then I'm the guy who has all KnuKoncepts power wire now and runs fancy twisted strand 8 gauge to my subs (for only 700 watts) twisted 14 for my fronts and so on. So I figure I'll just spend a bit more and keep it all "visually" nice. Silly probably but it is what it is. Thanks for checking the link though :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I personally think it is a great deal. I posted it here a few weeks ago. $2.40 a foot shipped for high quality 1/0 is way cheaper than you can find anywhere else. Someone was selling some in classifieds. You might contact him to see what quality the wire is. But Monster is usually good quality just outrageously priced retail.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
$2 a foot is very cheap. I wonder if the welding cable is as flexable. I could not find a strand count on that partcular brand but some others I have see have ~1800 strands versus 4000+ for the Kicker cable I have for instance. I get that the jacket makes a huge difference also. I would love to hear from people who have used both.

For instance this ultraflex cable is $2.75 a foot for 1/0. Looks more like Kicker or Stinger to me. Still a bargain but in line with the Monster cable price, in fact even more.
https://weldingsupply.securesites.com/cgi-bin/enlarge.pl?main/304-1220UF.gif:Upgrade+to+Ultra-Flex

·
Registered
595 Posts
I thought welding cable was subject to corrosion in the automotive enviroment?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts