1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Brand & Model / Condition of all items / Total Price:

#1 CDX-C90 SOLD to timzewski !
Item #1: Sony ES CDX-C90 "Dead Head" Head Unit - 5/10 - $250 Shipped

This is Sony's flagship Dead Head head unit - the legendary CDX-C90. I purchased it used a while back to replace a defective CDX-C910. All functions work as expected. This unit does have signs of wear and the face has a few cracks (see pics - check the right side of the face plate around the buttons). I pulled it from my Tacoma installation in November, and tested it on the bench earlier this month.

What's included (as pictured):
  • CDX-C90 Unit with power harness
  • XA-D210 Toslink Output Adapter
  • Wired Remote - Has seen better days
  • Trim Ring & Mounting Cage
  • Carrying Case for Face Plate
  • Original Box

As you can see, the WIRELESS REMOTE is missing. I know I have it - I had it in my hands when I removed the C90 from my Tacoma in November. I do believe I will end up finding the Wireless Remote once I clean up my garage (it's a huge mess from my in-progress install!). If I find it before the sale is final, I'll obviously include it. If I find it after the sale, I'll gladly ship it separately on my dime. No guarantees either way - but I honestly believe I'll find it soon.

The wired remote has been glued a few times where the little tabs have broken off. It still works for the most part, but is not in primo condition.

The XA-D210 Optical Toslink Output Adapter is also included to feed the XDP-4000x listed below or an XDP-210EQ I have in my other listing (these are pretty hard to find - could probably get $75 for it alone!!!).

The C90's are known for their dim display - and this one is no exception. It is hard to read in sunlight, but looks sweet at night (par for the course with C90's).

This is being sold with a "DOA" warranty, but is otherwise being sold "as-is" for a great price. This listed for like $1200 when new.

Item #2: Sony ES XDP-4000X DSP Unit - 7/10 - $400 Shipped

This is the ultimate partner for the C90. If you are not already familiar with this unit - then it might not be for you.

The XDP-4000X is an 8-channel "Unilink" DSP unit that gives you AWESOME converters, Analog and Digital inputs, Linear-Phase EQ (10 Band Full Parametric - Dual Mono or Stereo Linked), Digital Crossovers with up to 72dB/Octave slopes, and Time Alignment. If you are not familiar with these units - please do your research before buying.

What's Included:
  • Sony XDP-4000X Unit
  • Long Unilink Cable (15'-18' or so)
  • Generic USB-to-Serial Adapter Cable
  • Null Modem serial cable
  • Copy of Sony DSC Software on CD
  • Original Box

It must be setup and programmed with a Laptop over a Serial Cable. I'm including a USB-to-Serial cable and the "Null Modem" cable required for setup and programming. I'll also burn a copy of the Sony DSC software on a CD. You can store 10 presets for EQ and for TA/Xover (total of 20 presets in all), and recall them from the Unilink Head Unit - but you can not manually adjust parameters from the Head Unit (preset recall only).

The unit is in pretty good physical condition (7/10) - but does have a few scratches and the plastic cover plate is a bit scratched up, too (see photo album for more pics). Pulled from my Tacoma install in November - I also tested it on the bench earlier this month - works as expected.

This is being sold with a "DOA" warranty, but is otherwise being sold "As-Is". In addition, I can not be responsible if this is not compatible with your specific Sony Unilink Head Unit (please do your research before buying - or pair it with my C90 above for a known-working solution :) ).

Item #3: Sony XA-300 Unilink Input Expander - 7/10 - $50 Shipped

This is a rare Sony XA-300 Unilink Input Expander. It allows you to use the "CD Changer" connection on a Unilink Head Unit or on an XDP Processor to add more inputs to your Sony Unilink system.

It has connections for the host (the Head Unit or XDP DSP), connections for a Unilink Changer, An "Aux 1" RCA Input with a dedicated 1/8" Headphone output, a second "Aux 2" RCA input, AND a USB Input for connection to a PC Playback device! These inputs are selectable from your Head Unit.

I *might* be able to find a spare Unilink cable for this. If you really need one just specify and I'm sure I can track one down. Comes as pictured with just the unit.

This is being sold with a DOA warranty, but is otherwise being sold "As-Is". I can not be held responsible if this is not compatible with your Unilink equipment (please do you research before buying).

Shipping Terms: :
All prices include USPS postage and insurance to the Continental USA. International sales are not preferred.

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

#1 CDX-C90 SOLD to timzewski !
Item #1: Sony ES CDX-C90 "Dead Head" Head Unit - 5/10 - $250 Shipped

>>> C90 Picture Album @ Photobucket <<<

Item #2: Sony ES XDP-4000X DSP Unit - 7/10 - $400 Shipped

>>> XDP-4000X Album @ Photobucket <<<

Item #3: Sony XA-300 Unilink Input Expander - 7/10 - $50 Shipped

>>> XA-300 Album @ Photobucket <<<

Additional info:
Feel free to PM me with any questions – or post ‘em up here :)
I have extensive eBay feedback under username “Randyman…” (100% positive since November 2000 – over 12 years of perfection!), and I’m confirmed on PayPal. I also have positive feedback on the “Heatware.com” site (used PC parts) under the same username. I will do whatever I can to maintain this level of confidence as a seller.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FYI - CDX-C90 is tentatively pending to Audioguy36 (that was fast :p ). Will update as things develop...

:cool:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update - C90 is still pending to Audioguy36 - but timzewski is also interested as a second dibs...

The XDP-4000X and XA-300 are still available.

Enjoy! :cool:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FYI - #1 CDX-C90 is SOLD to timzewski!

The XDP-4000X and XA-300 are still up for grabs - feel free to make an offer!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Friday Bump - The XDP-4000X and XA-300 are still up for grabs - feel free to make an offer!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saturday Bump - The XDP-4000X and XA-300 are still up for grabs - feel free to make an offer!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are there any trades you would consider towards that XDP-4000 and the XA-300?

I have alot of old school goodies!
I'm really looking for cash to help pay off my new install. That said - what 'cha got? :)

Any reasonable offers won't be shunned...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PM Replied - We're discussing a few things, but items are still currently available...

:cowboy:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lolz! timzewski decided to pair the C90 with my XDP-210EQ from my other thread. Not quite a XDP-4000X, but it is a fine unit and still accepts the Digital Input...

Rock on :cool:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lolz! timzewski decided to pair the C90 with my XDP-210EQ from my other thread. Not quite a XDP-4000X, but it is a fine unit and still accepts the Digital Input...

Rock on :cool:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Monday BUMP! Lowered Prices:

I'll take $375 shipped for the XDP-4000X

I'll take $40 shipped for the XA-300

Don't be shy :cowboy:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tuesday Bump - See lowered prices in the above post.

:sunny:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pending to deeppinkdiver (thanks!)! I'll update once anything is final...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cash received! Thread marked as "SOLD"

Thanks all!!! :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.