DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok…I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a pair Morel Piccolos. After auditioning them in a buddy’s car , I was very Impressed to how smooth and airy they soundEd compared to my current GB10s….
I am on the edge on upgrading to just go all Morels…The potential is definitely there from what I heard.
anybody have any Experience with MM3, please share your input. The mid will be powered by 2 channels from a Mosconi 4/10 amplifier .

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts
I’ve had GB25’s and for their size they are in a league of their own! I’ve recently heard MM3’s and they will play lower and take more power. I thought they sounded excellent! They were paired with the alto which is also on a whole other level. Better than the frogs but they are MASSIVE so keep that in mind and about twice the money too. If you have room for MM3’s I’d take them over the frogs.

Reactions: Anu2g

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve had GB25’s and for their size they are in a league of their own! I’ve recently heard MM3’s and they will play lower and take more power. I thought they sounded excellent! They were paired with the alto which is also on a whole other level. Better than the frogs but they are MASSIVE so keep that in mind and about twice the money too. If you have room for MM3’s I’d take them over the frogs.
Dave..I really appreciate your honest assessment. my current setup is the GB10, GB25 with a Audiodevelopment Neo800…I have had this setup for almost 2 years now. Everything sounds good now, until I heard a Morel setup and was blown away by the piccolo tweet….It sounded so smooth and airy and my buddy did not even finish with the tuning….My current vehicle is a Tesla Model S….i already purchased the Piccolo tweeters….Do you think I should stay with the Gb 25 with the piccolo tweet or just go all in and just get the MM3 to pair up with the a Piccolos? What about the midbass , what are your thoughts on the ELATE 9 vs the Neo 800W….Thanks

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts
Dude you’re not going to believe this but I HAD the identical 3 way and you’re right, it sounds damn good! I have since gone to (see my signature) and it blows away the previous setup. The morel tweeters have more detail but yet seem more laidback. I’d go MM3’s most definitely! My buddy has his crossed at 180ish and they dig that low effortlessly. No experience with mw9’s but know they like power! @Anu2g & @SNCTMPL both have them and can offer insight. The AD’s are awesome though but won’t cross as low. 75hz and above maybe hang on to the neo’s.

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dude you’re not going to believe this but I HAD the identical 3 way and you’re right, it sounds damn good! I have since gone to (see my signature) and it blows away the previous setup. The morel tweeters have more detail but yet seem more laidback. I’d go MM3’s most definitely! My buddy has his crossed at 180ish and they dig that low effortlessly. No experience with mw9’s but know they like power! @Anu2g & @SNCTMPL both have them and can offer insight. The AD’s are awesome though but won’t cross as low. 75hz and above maybe hang on to the neo’s.
Yeah….but after 2 years…I got bored :). My substage is set with a Oncore 12….I have one Mosconi Pro 4/10 running the mids and tweets and another Pro 4/10 bridged to the Neos…I think the power should be fine
..Another question…That Morel tweet is huge 😩….Do you recommend doing the tweet and mid in the pillars or tweet in the pillars and the mid on the dash? The factory mid is high up on the dash….What you think?

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Gadget Automotive navigation system

· Premium Member
2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
109 Posts
I have the Elate carbon 93a’s in my Cayenne, and even on the stock underpowered Bose amplifier they sound amazing. Waiting on a moBridge 8.1.1 amp to put some power and a tune on them. You won’t be disappointed.

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts
I know what you mean about getting bored! Personally I’d put the MM3’s in the dash corners if they’ll fit and tweet as close as possible to it on the a-pillar.

Reactions: bertholomey

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the Elate carbon 93a’s in my Cayenne, and even on the stock underpowered Bose amplifier they sound amazing. Waiting on a moBridge 8.1.1 amp to put some power and a tune on them. You won’t be disappointed.
That’s what’s up man….I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the MM3s and the Piccolo tweets….I am going to stay with the Neo800 for now. Fingers crossed that they sound good if not better than my Frogs 😎

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know what you mean about getting bored! Personally I’d put the MM3’s in the dash corners if they’ll fit and tweet as close as possible to it on the a-pillar.
That’s what my installer said too…I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the MM3s and the Piccolo tweets….I am going to stay with the Neo800 for now. Fingers crossed that they sound good if not better than my Frogs 😎

· Registered
1,010 Posts
I havent had hands on the MW9's, but I looked VERY closely at them for a build i had been planning. They looked great on paper, and I believe theyd do great, for my purposes, I went HAT L8SE-DC instead, and was saving to compare those to scanspeak 18WE/4542T-00, which look even better. i will say, if you can afford it, look at those scan's, theyve got a much lower Le than the MW9's, higher sensitivity, more linear excursion, and, though this doesnt mean much, are rated to play clean to 6k, morel recommends 2.5k top end for the mw9's, which if you trust both of these companies to accurately represent the abilities of the driver... downsides are they arent for cars and theyre smaller at 7" vs 8.75". if you arent trying to play them super low (which you shouldnt, you have a sub for that) id go morel or scan, scan for me personally, price is similar, but i know some people "NO YOU CANT PUT THOSE IN A CAR!!!!"

Edit: Test Bench: Scan-Speak Ellipticor 18WE/4542T00 Midbass Woofer

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That’s what my installer said too…I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the MM3s and the Piccolo tweets….I am going to stay with the Neo800 for now. Fingers crossed that they sound good if not better than my Frogs 😎
Bro…. I went ahead and just go all Morel …I decided to pull the trigger on a set of MW9s ..So my front stage is set
Piccolo tweeter
MW3
MW9.

Fingers crossed it sounds better than my current setup 😩

· Registered
2011 Prius rsx gs9>apl1 >helix dsp ultra>2 brax mx4’s &jl Audio 600/1> full focal Utopia m
993 Posts
You won’t be disappointed, the ultimo subs are also some of the best, very low distortion and digs deep effortlessly in very small boxes.

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The morel setup looks like it will be awesome.

I'm doing basically the same thing as your current setup, I'd be interested in the Neos if you're parting with them :)
Ha ha…My current setup sounds amazing..But after hearing the buttery smooth Piccolos in a buddy’s car …I had to take the plunge dude….I am in the process of buying a new car for the queen and might transfer my old 3way setup to her car…If not then I will put the 3way setup on sale here 😎…
I will give you first dibs on the Neos. 😎

1 - 20 of 42 Posts