DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,735 Posts
audiowave said:
In all my experiences with Morel drivers they do seem to lack the authority other drivers naturally deliver. I found their off axis response to be better than on axis, has anyone found this to be true as well? The Integra's are pretty impressive tho.
Off axis response is nice, i wouldn't go as far as saying its better than on axis...having used plenty of Rainbow mids (seas based drivers) and payed with/heard my share of Seas mids...I have to disagree with what has been said above. I get nothing but praise about the sound texture of my midbass, nevermind impact from people who's opinion counts. I guess it depends on on application- as I've heard Seas Lotus midbass to be rather anemic in a more than properly dampened door-it varies from car to car to make general statements...

· Registered
1,735 Posts
10K2HVN said:
obviously, 8 inchers are going have better bass response then 6.5 inchers..

Morel 6.5" to Lotus 6.5" the Lotus perform better. From My Experiences, of course.
I wasn't talking 'bass', i was speaking on 'midbass'....80hz up, i dont play them lower...nice assumption tho..

Not comparing my 8's either against a 6.5 " driver, i base my statement on Iridium 6's, PG Elite mids, and the cast basket Elate 6" mids(>the speakers being inquired on). All very nice sounding mids. But like anything else in the car performance is application dependent- even the lotuses dont work great in every door.

I'm not even going to make a claim which is the better driver. I'm not here to sell anything or , nor make general blanket statements based on current personal preference-I'll leave that to you...

· Registered
1,735 Posts
runmeshaw said:
I noticed that you are running the peerless 2" domes. How do you like them? Do you know the dimensions such as mounting depth and such. I couldn't get them from madisound. Thanks :)
They are NOT the horn'midranges on Madisound. They are 4 ohm 2" textile soft domes that were on clearance on partexpress a month back.
Dimmensions off PE for it...
A: 5-1/4", B: 4-1/4", C: 1-5/8"
Not bad at all...actually sound very nice and compliment the other drivers well....just dont have a reference point for a dome in my car as of yet to say how good it really is...
One things for sure, based on cost its up there as far as worthy investment i've ever made. I will be trying some Morel MR-56 domes and the Ushers when the pockets allow it. For now I'm concentrating on tuning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.