DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to make a long story short, i bought this 6x9 pair back in july. and, well, you all know how long a plan takes to come together in car audio, so i didn't get to installing these until recently. one works, the other not so much. when i press the cone, i can hear/feel friction in the v.c. area.

is there anybody out there who rep's morel, or is close to them that could help me? or does anybody have a single one laying around?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from amazon. they only have 30day return policy. plus, i got them on a really, really good sale (40bucks! free s/h) so i couldn't pass that up. it's kinda my fault for waiting so long to install them, i've just been so busy with other parts of my install and work.

·
Registered
209 Posts
If the VC grinding happens with the speaker mounted, try to back off the mounting screws.
Large, oval frames (even round ones) can twist enough to mis-align the VC & grind a bit.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. I bought a pair of 5C coaxials from amazon from the same sale and they sound great as rear fill.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@tube... i've got it sitting on my floor w/ the same problem. im probably gonna have to buy something else, but was hoping somebody on here had an 'in' with morel, or at least to find a spare laying around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts