DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
440 Posts
i was just playing with some Phoenix Gold Elite mids yesterday, 6.5" (made by Morel - similar/same as Morel).

First impression were that they really sound like ass! haha..but then i found the eq settings still adjusted to the last set of speakers that were in there..

so after a little tuning with this equipment..

- Alpine 9855
- Alpine MRV-F545 (rated at 125x4 @ 14.4v - birthsheet shows 170.3x4 @ 14.4v)
- HP 80hz @ 12db
- LP 1.6khz @ 12db

shortly, overall output was not as loud as my Seas L18RNX. Midbass was not as snappy and lowend extension also was not so great. Midrange was not as airy or detailed as my Seas Lotus RW110's.. However, the LCY Ribbons that he had in his car were wonderful..! :D

overall, those mids are pretty good..but i think my SEAS are better...

· Registered
440 Posts
http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn...egory=40&p_subcategory=105&p_main=10&p_more=y

^that one right there..

Itll work for me! theyre suppose to me more closely design to the Alpine F1 Status amp.. according to one of my dealer friends, he said theyre "..a quantum-leap better then the older amps!" and i have no complaints. the biggest thing i noticed was when he switched from an Eclipse hu (last years model with xover/eq) to the Alpine 9855; things were a lot quiter and seemed more flat and linear - a bit dry sounding...

· Registered
440 Posts
newtitan said:
so you liked the switch from the eclipse TO the 9855??

man I swear I must be crazy or something--lol

but my 8454 sounds way better than my 9835? the sound improvement was immediate?

did they improve the internals of the 9855??

I may try that amp though if it benches that high whoa

since I cant seem to find a big 4 ch or another audison 2.500 anywhere

so I can run three way active

thx for the tip
also, in the switch from the Eclipse to the Alpine, details were brought out more..much like in my own car and home setup..

The newer Alpine amps use a Darlington circuitry, thats used in some highend homeaudio along with the Alpine F1, and Genesis car audio amps..

· Registered
440 Posts
it says 'all channels', but it does not say all channels drivin at the 'same time'.

ive been trying to get a picture of the birth sheet since it got the damn thing! ..but hes very forgetful...

· Registered
440 Posts
"Per Channel"

"All Channels" (not driven at the same time)

Same thing!! :D

racerraul said:
I am very pleased with my F345... I can only imaging owning 2 F545's instead ... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
thats my next setup! :wink:

either that or a Brax amp on my mids and tweets with my spare Eclipse amp for my midbasses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.