DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got an order in today that contained two each of the new Primo subs from Morel. They are available in 8", 10", and 12". They are currently only available in single 4 ohm, but will soon be shipping single 2 ohm as well. The prices haven't been officially given to me, but I'll post them as soon as I get them (between $200 and $300 is the range as I understand now). Here are the specs and box recommendations...

...and here are some of my pictures of them...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
They remind me of how the JBL GTI MKII's look, but I prefer the old Ultimo solid black cone..

·
Registered
274 Posts
@91db 1W/1M the 12 will have more output with 350watts then the Ultimo 12 (85db) with 1K.

Kudos to morel for making an entry level sub with correct price point and high efficiency.....
And I will bet this sub sounds better then most subs at twice the asking price.

That said.....not crazy about the look....but it may grow on me (*like a f-ing fungus).

~JH

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not too crazy about the Israeli army-green basket
You know what's weird is that I didn't even notice it until you said something and had to go back and look. It just looks like a dark gray or flat black in person, but I guess I'll take a closer look when I get to the store tomorrow!

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
You know what's weird is that I didn't even notice it until you said something and had to go back and look. It just looks like a dark gray or flat black in person, but I guess I'll take a closer look when I get to the store tomorrow!
Once stuffed in a box, it's irrelevant. As long as they sound great:)

Thanx for posting up the nice gear, Travis

·
Registered
180 Posts
I can't wait to see a review on these, I would love to have a morel sub to match my maximo speakers, but it would have to perform at least as good as the IDQ12 that it would replace.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I can't wait to see a review on these, I would love to have a morel sub to match my maximo speakers, but it would have to perform at least as good as the IDQ12 that it would replace.
Buy my bnib 10 2ohm SC. Shameless plug lol

·
Registered
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Custom Trail Boss Crew Cab
1,970 Posts
@91db 1W/1M the 12 will have more output with 350watts then the Ultimo 12 (85db) with 1K.

~JH
Look again that 91db. It is a 2.83vrms rating vs the 1w/1m rating you are comparing it to of the Ultimo. The Ultimo is still lower but not as much. Morel states 88db for the Ultimo and 95db/91.5db 2ohm/4ohm for the SC's. Not that this makes this a bad speaker :D

ultimo 12" specs said:
Sensitivity 2.83 Vrms / 1M

88 dB
Sensitivity 1W / 1M

85 dB​

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
"Sealed Enclosure for PRIMO 8 : 12-22.5 lit (0.42-0.8 cuft) Optimal performance at 10 lit (0.6 cuft)"

^ they really should brush up their manual coz it has some errors... 10L= about 0.35cuft and 0.6cuft= about 17L
If I had to guess, they meant 17L i.o. 10L...

Kelvin

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"Sealed Enclosure for PRIMO 8 : 12-22.5 lit (0.42-0.8 cuft) Optimal performance at 10 lit (0.6 cuft)"

^ they really should brush up their manual coz it has some errors... 10L= about 0.35cuft and 0.6cuft= about 17L
If I had to guess, they meant 17L i.o. 10L...

Kelvin
Good eye!

I think I owe you some ZR-1 pictures... maybe I'll work on getting those up today.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Custom Trail Boss Crew Cab
1,970 Posts
Are the baskets stamped steel?
It looks stamped to me. Even so it looks like it still is high quality. One of those my entry level is better then your mid level items.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts