DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some morel point source coaxials before and I loved the tweeters. I have looked at the Morel Supreme Tweeters at around $300/pair. Are they that much better than other good tweeters like the Vifa XT19?

More expensive, but I am factoring in that I was considering paying $950 for some other 2 way separates (Focal K2), so not that bad in comparison.

·
Registered
531 Posts
if you look in the review section....i think npdang reviewed the supremo tweeter....

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
They'll handle power better and play lower, but if you're looking at 2.5khz and up I think I prefer the Vifa xt19.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
went and read your reviews in the other forum. I guessed that same thing. From your review, I'm not sure if it is worth even 2x the cost. Great tweeter, but I think I'll stick with the vifas.

(btw, left a bunch of questions in your reviews....thanks!)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Talking about power, how much actual power those tweeters would see? In the car i can't see anyone using more than say 10wRMS/ch...? if that's the case how power handling would be a concern with such large tweeters? or am i wrong?

Leo

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
300Z said:
Talking about power, how much actual power those tweeters would see? In the car i can't see anyone using more than say 10wRMS/ch...? if that's the case how power handling would be a concern with such large tweeters? or am i wrong?

Leo
bump...

·
Registered
415 Posts
meh.. ive got 150 @ 8 ohms on my LCY's..!

gains are pretty high, i just switch that amp that was on my midbasses to my tweeters and left the gains the same - although they are turned down about -1 and -3 db's from my processor.

its sounds about the same as when i had 40 @ 8 ohms, though...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
haha... 150w eh? get real man, do you really believe your tweeters actually see that much power? if you have a DMM check it for yourself... at home my tweeters hardly see more than 3-4w each... and that's quite loud...

·
Registered
415 Posts
perhaps, i should rephrase what i said..

"I have 150 watts avaliable on my LCY's...."

:wink:

·
Registered
415 Posts
300Z said:
10K2HVN said:
perhaps, i should rephrase what i said..

"I have 150 watts avaliable on my LCY's...."

:wink:
Yeah, having the power available and actually using it are two different things...
..and whats your point?

i already said:

10K2HVN said:
its sounds about the same as when i had 40 @ 8 ohms, though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.