DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am ordering a set of Morel Supremos (some parts from ebay, some from other DIYMA members) and I need some advice with amplification options.

I have a two TBD 275s (2 x 250W) ready to run them passive through the crossovers.

However, I also have a spare TBD2150 (2 x 150W) and I was wondering if I should run the Supremos bi-amped with 2 x 150 for the tweets and 2 x 250W for the drivers.

I am not interested in loudness but in quality and I want the speakers to run at their best. I would really appreciate opinions and suggestions.

Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an additional note...

I will be running them through the Supremo passive MXS-2.0 crossovers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would go with the Bi amp option just for the sake of having more control of each speaker. I used to run mine before going active with 100 watts to the passive crossover's and they sounded beautiful. I'm not familiar with TBD but I would concern myself with the quality of the power instead of the amount of power that's running them. There's nothing wrong with headroom though but I would heed the power rating on the MXS 2.0. I think it's about 350 ish.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that. The power rating on the TDB2150 is conservative and it can output up to 190W of actual power per channel.

So I should be careful of exceeding the power handling of the MXS-2.0?

250W +150W = Over 400W per channel! :p That might be a problem?

Is that the reason for going active? So that we can bypass the power limitation of the crossover?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts