DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so,
I'll be redoing my G35 really soon, and I'm stuck on my woofer selection. I'll be running a 2 way passive setup with the Morel Supremo Piccolo and Supremo Xover. I'll be using Modded Tru Technologies amps, with 150 watts per side to the front stage and a DRZ for the source unit.

I have a set of Elate SW6's from my old active 3 way install, but I've never listened to them in a 2 way passive setup. Is it worth the extra $$ to get the Supremo SW6's and sell the Elate SW6's? I really wish I had the time to listen to these 2 drivers side by side, but unfortunately we are the local dealer and do not have the capital to purchase either of these drivers simply for our soundboard. Finally, I have been browsing the 7" woofer threads, but any other woofer suggestions for my setup are certainly welcome.

PS. I won't be working at my dealer for much longer, so if I should upgrade I need to do it soon, so swapping out later won't really be a viable option.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mooble:
The system in my G35 right now is waaay to heavy, and impractical because it takes up 90% of my already minuscule trunk. This new system will be based on SQ taking convenience into consideration. I will need one less amplifier to go passive and still be able to supply each driver with ~150watts of power. Also I have the Tru B475, B2110, and B2220. I'll probably only be using the B2110 and B2220 in this new install. thanks.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I know all about heavy. Ha! I've got probably 200lbs in my trunk. It's great for balance, but sucks for acceleration. At least the weight is directly above the rear axle, but it sits kinda high.

The Supremo passive is a very good one, or so I've heard. So long as you don't put the tweeter too far from the woofer, you should not notice any decrease in SQ.

If you can get a deal on the Supremos, I would definitely get them, but that's just me. The Elates are nice, but if your goal is the ultimate in SQ, the Supremos are the way to go. If you can get a deal on Dynaudios, you might also look at the Esotar 650.

You might want to use a bridged 475. The Supremos love power. They would love 200w or even more.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The one thing you might want to consider is that the Elate will play louder since the Supremo since the Supremo is underhung. Supremo sounds better... but the Supremo originally shipped without passives because Morel seemed to think they shouldn't run that way.

If you lean on the volume, I would go with the Elates myself. I don't, so I would go with the Supremos.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The one thing you might want to consider is that the Elate will play louder since the Supremo since the Supremo is underhung. Supremo sounds better... but the Supremo originally shipped without passives because Morel seemed to think they shouldn't run that way.

If you lean on the volume, I would go with the Elates myself. I don't, so I would go with the Supremos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts