DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an chance to pick up a set of morel supremo's 6w and piccallo tweets.

what i'm looking for is anyone who has ACTUAL HANDS ON feedback from these speakers. i have heard dotechs and most of their line up. Not looking for opinions on any other morel products but the supremos. read many reviews and they are highly praised sq drivers. currently running a 300/2v2 on my hertz mlk and looking to upgrade.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated

thanks

John

retail on this component set is like 2500$

·
Registered
380 Posts
These are fantastic speakers. Very smooth, great for IB or door applications with a higher QTS than the Elates. The Midbass impact is leaves some to be desired, but very very little. The Warmth and detail of this mid make up for it in every way.

Tweeters are crisp, clean, smooth and very detailed, the dome on them works great on and off axis. You are looking at some of the best my friend.

FWIW i have a set of Supremo SW6's that im trying to sell in the classified section and ebay. If I had to pair them with my Piccolos to move them I would. Both are BNIB never used. Asking $600 for the Woofers alone shipped, sell the set for $1000

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
^^^DITTO to the above posts! The Supremos are great drivers. I've been running the piccolo / sw6 and cdm88 for almost a year now and they play everything well. Very smooth and detailed highs and articulate Midbass. You should try them. I am running them with JL HD 600/4 amps 300-Midbass / 150 x4 to mid range and tweeter no issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are you running the Supremos active or passive?

Let me get this straight, you are running 150W RMS per channel to the Piccolos and 300W RMS per channel to the SW6?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Are you running the Supremos active or passive?

Let me get this straight, you are running 150W RMS per channel to the Piccolos and 300W RMS per channel to the SW6?
Yes, that is correct :)

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
I agree with you all, I have the Elates 6's and i love em, so smooth, I know they are not supremo but still, they sound awesome! yes they are power hungry as well :)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Not through the Supremo MXS 2.0 right?
No, not through the Crossover...I am using the MS8. Never had any problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts