DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to put one sub in a two-door 2007 BMW 328xi. I'm leaning toward the Morel Ultimo 12 (not an SC) because of all the good things I've read about it. But I do have a couple concerns that I'm hoping you guys can help me out with. For the purposes of this post, lets just assume I can afford whatever amp, and box is needed to properly run the sub.

1) SPL: It's not my first priority, otherwise I'd just go looking for something else. But there is a certainly level that I want to get out of the sub. Ten years ago I had a pair of RF Punch 12" that took 200 watts RMS in the back of a Camaro hatchback. They were lower end, cheap subs, but were often louder than other peoples' nicer stuff because of the hatchback setup. When the sound of a single Morel 12" goes through my trunk/back seat and reaches me in the front seat, will it sound more powerful than my old setup? Do you think it'll sound significantly more powerful? (I know it's subjective, but I'm ok that.)

2) Musical Taste: I like classical music, rock, alternative, some pop, and whatever it is you call the somewhat chill stuff college students like. It sounds like this sub is great for those. But I also like quite a bit of electronic stuff; and not just for drums and beats, but also for the heavy continuous/wobbling/fluctuating synthetic bass lines you'll sometimes find in it. In other threads, some seemed to indicate that I might hate the way these subs play that kind of thing. Is it not going to sound right?

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Are you wanting the Ultimo 12 or Ultimo SC 12?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I think you are making a great choice. Just my opinion though. And I've only heard the SC

:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
have done several, and you would like either the reg. or the SC in my opinion.. they are built the same with power diff. about it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts