DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please verify that I won't fry this thing mechanically if I go full bore IB on an Ultimo 12, 4 ohm @ 800 watts RMS.
Morel Loudspeakers - Mobile Audio - Subwoofers - Ultimo Subwoofer

I never claimed to know all about car audio so please don't patronize me, I've read and am fairly sure I know but with the product on the line, I'd like some reassurance. I really wish I didn't have to PRE-ask for respect but whens the last time I asked an audio question for fear of being scolded like Tspence?

I am fairly certain this won't be an issue. Further certain that Audyssey will detect any mechanical noise and compensate so there is some added comfort. All in all, with the power handling and suspension complaince, this seems like a good option for IB.

From what I can tell, half believe a high-ish Q is needed for IB, while others suggest it doesn't matter with appropriate caution. IOW, I searched. The only thread I could find using this driver for IB changed his mind. While I feel certain about my IB learnings, this is an expensive driver, and would like to double check. Thanks....hopefully.

I'm looking at the rear wall inside the trunk sealing the rear from the front, not rear deck.

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
You should check with Morel, but I would not recommend using that sub in an infinite baffle configuration. It's specs are not ideal for that application. Some may say that any sub can be used IB, and that, in my opinion would be true if you didn't care about getting the optimal performance from the driver. Put the Morel in a sealed enclosure and call it a day!:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts