DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
All morel speakers come with a red gel filter attached to the owners manual. This is used to view a hologram that is on the speaker. You need to be able to see the pattern in the hologram that is printed in the manual.

Ask the seller to snap a picture of the red filter and the hologram.

The pictures look legit, but the description is wonky. Virtus and Dotech are not the same line. And he is referencing that he has Dotech in the description.

·
Registered
744 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All morel speakers come with a red gel filter attached to the owners manual. This is used to view a hologram that is on the speaker. You need to be able to see the pattern in the hologram that is printed in the manual.

Ask the seller to snap a picture of the red filter and the hologram.

The pictures look legit, but the description is wonky. Virtus and Dotech are not the same line. And he is referencing that he has Dotech in the description.

Does they have it ?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Virtus and Dotech are not the same line. And he is referencing that he has Dotech in the description.
They are the same line, Virtus replaced the Dotech Ovation. The drivers are almost identical. Only real difference is in the crossovers.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Guys ... aren't these too good to be true or what? Does anyone know if these are fake or not? Or maybe bought speakers from these sellers before? All their products are very cheap. If theyre legit, I can finally afford Morel Components and have money for an amplifier.

Authentic Morel Virtus 602 2 Way Pro Component System 6 5" New Original | eBay

Morel Virtus 602 Comp 6 5" 2way Component Speaker Super EMS Free Shipping | eBay

Thanks.
The first listing is using a picture from this website..but yet i dont see that they are the same company...but they could be.
Morel Virtus 603
Also when i bought my Virtus, the viewing strip was red IIRC.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.