DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious who has ever "A/B'd" the two, or bare minimum installed both. I'd like to hear from installers / expert level, not hearsay, is why I posted this here.

I know the Helix GUI is much better and am aware of various bit depth/sample rate differences (well, sort of aware because Mosconi USA didn't sound all that sure about it themselves and there's almost no published specs on the 4to6 DIF).

So I'm asking in terms of sound quality only. I do understand that functionally differences (like how an EQ works) could affect sound quality, so if that's what you mean, just say so :).

Lastly, does anyone know exactly how the URC.3 works? As in does it turn down **digitally** before it's outputted (causing bid depth reduction) or in an analog fashion (with it's own pros and cons)? Just curious on this part.

Stephen

·
Registered
17,645 Posts
I could go into detail, but to put it plain and simply, Helix. You wont deal with nearly as many headaches. Once you get comfortable with the Helix software, its a breeze. As far as sound quality, flip a coin.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I’ve looked at the GUIs and it’s obvious which would be far faster to operate (even after you’re super familiar with both).. Just curious if anything about the Mosconi redeems it considering it’s about half the price (used values wise - but there’s probably “a reason for that”).

·
Registered
834 Posts
I could go into detail, but to put it plain and simply, Helix. You wont deal with nearly as many headaches. Once you get comfortable with the Helix software, its a breeze. As far as sound quality, flip a coin.
Agreed. SkizerR helped me through some Helix confusion but, the interface is far superior. And, I'm not experienced at tuning.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Oh, had a Mosconi prior. I'd take the Helix software with no hesitation.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

I'm mostly curious if anyone has A/B'd them sonically. The software part is pretty obvious by looking at google images of them, ha. I figured it's not real likely since the acoustics of every car are different so I guess it'd have to be someone who'd used both in the same car to be able to comment much... I mean, unless someone has just played music dry through them into speakers. Probably a pointless question. :inout:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts