DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left my Mosconi 6to8 V8 USB cord plugged in. After filling up my trunk with luggage, I found the cable was pushed enough that the USB jack ripped out of the circuit board. After removing the cover for the Mosconi, I found the traces for the jack were pulled out of the circuit board. Resoldering the USB jack to the board doesn't look straightforward at all, because there's nothing to solder to on the board.

Orca was not able to offer to fix this. They said Mosconi wouldn't try to fix it either. I'm planning to take it to an electronics repair shop, but it would be helpful to have a copy of the circuit board schematic diagram. My thought is the technician might be able to solder the USB leads onto other points on the board that make electrical contact with the original traces.

Does anyone have a copy of the board schematic and/or have suggestions for fixing this?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Any pics? I patch up some fugly damage in my daily work life.

I have plenty of experience, might be able to help you out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don't have any pics, and the Mosconi is reinstalled and not very accessible at the moment. Were you offering to do the repair for a fee, depending on what the damage looks like?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts