Front: Focal Access 6.5 component
Rear: Focal 6.5 Access Coaxial
Sub: JL 12TW3 in Custom Enclosure
LOC: WavTech Link6
DSP: Mosconi 6to8 Pro
Sub Amp: Kenwood XR401-4
Amp: Kenwood XR901-5

Problem:
I listen to a lot of podcasts. Took my whip to what I thought was a very good audio installer and tuner - installation appears to be perfect, tuning not so much. Since the beginning, and this is my first DSP and 2nd install from this shop. There is alllloootttt of muting, SPECIFICALLY when i listen to Podcasts; its very quick and just barely noticeable but its to the point where it cuts off sentences and parts of words
I let the installer know the issue and he threw the LOC in thinking the mosconi was muting distortion, and that the LOC would help clean up the signal. Sound did improve after the LOC was installed and I had the LOC before in my previous install so I wasn't tripping over having to add it.
The issue is occasionally happens with certain music, But not as much as with all my podcasts.

Troubleshooting:
I've turned down the physical Gain on the DSP all the way down, and also adjusted the gain in the software to -4db for each channel. ( Sub is -8db) - Images of my DSP settings are also included in the image link of my current setup
After playing with the Mosconi DSP Software for hours No changes fixed it. So I ordered a helix dsp.3 ( which i originally wanted but was impatient) hoping i can do a drop in replacement and see if that fixes it.
At the end of the day, I dont want any type of hardware that mutes things unless there is actual clipping, and maybe clipping is happening and I just cant source it. IDK

Goal
  1. Know if there is an easy way to just bypass the DSP completely and connect directly to the amp for now until my Helix dsp.3 arrives
2) If a DSP drop in is possible
I'm pretty tech savvy but not CAR AV savvy - aside from disconnecting the negative battery terminal and plugging things into the dsp.3 where they were plugged into the mosconi is there anything I need to know. ( aside from tuning, that's a whole nother ball park for another day)
I am in the DFW area so if you know of a good tuner or remote tuner that can assist that would be extremely helpful as well

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just take the signal from the LOC and distribute to your amps, bypassing the dsp altogether. It will be 2 rca cables. Have it go to your kenwood 4 ch amp and then maybe it has an output you can send to your sub amps input with 2 more rca’s. Done.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Write to the Mosconi Support (Frank Miketta). He will send you a firmware for the Mosconi that alters the behavior of the Noisegate in the DSP.
The Noisegate is way to sensitive and in addition way to slow, especially if you're working with signal sense for remote turn on in any way. The firmware update (which i got for my Mosconi D2 100.4 DSP) basically turns off the Noisegate.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Write to the Mosconi Support (Frank Miketta). He will send you a firmware for the Mosconi that alters the behavior of the Noisegate in the DSP.
The Noisegate is way to sensitive and in addition way to slow, especially if you're working with signal sense for remote turn on in any way. The firmware update (which i got for my Mosconi D2 100.4 DSP) basically turns off the Noisegate.
do you know what firmware version does this.. I had to send my Aero 8to12 to ORCA as they needed something in person.. I have this same problem with some audio.. I didn't realize it could be this.. but it sounds identical! thanks for the heads up..

·
Registered
268 Posts
It‘s device specific, so my firmware will not work with your DSP. But again, write an email to the technical Support at Gladen Europe. Explain them the situation with ORCA and so on and they will send you a reply with instruction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ll give this a try, but i already purchased the helix .3 so ima just wait on it lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just take the signal from the LOC and distribute to your amps, bypassing the dsp altogether. It will be 2 rca cables. Have it go to your kenwood 4 ch amp and then maybe it has an output you can send to your sub amps input with 2 more rca’s. Done.
So i tried that but there are 8 outs in the dsp and only the 4 on the loc going into the dsp - so thats where things get a lil confusing - my loc does have 6 outs total and sums channel 3/4 & 5/6 - this is where i get lost

1 - 7 of 7 Posts