DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry If I upset anyone by posting this thread, but please if you will list the "most natural" sounding front stage you have ever heard. Either 2,3, or 4 way, active or passive, sub(s) or no sub(s), vehicle: , etc.

Your posts are well appreciated.

Thankyou very much, have a wonderful day!

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Petras horns, SoundStream SS8R for midbass, SS SS10R in AP for sub.. All SS power...

the band stood on the hood and next to the car... was like Dave Mathews himself was sitting at my feet...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
As of me writing this, you have 52 posts and have started 25 threads. Nearly HALF your posts are starting topics and most of your answers can be had by SEARCHING. It is seriously driving me insane that you do this. I'll answer as many as I can right here for you so maybe, just maybe, you can lay off a bit and do some research before spamming up the place.

1. Most Natural Sounding SQ Oriented Front Stage You Have Heard Erin (Bikinpunks) Civic--I personally prefer a bit more edge to my tweeters and a bit more aggression in my upper midbass/lower midrange...but it's the most natural I've personally hear. You want to know what he has in there and how long it took him to get to it? He has a 100+ page build thread on this forum.

2. WTB 5" - 6" Mids Go with the Peerless or Seas you keep asking about. They will be very different sounding than the DLS you have and you can decide what type of sound you prefer. If you hit a "home run" on the first try...awesome, but you will more than likely just get an idea of what type of driver sound you prefer. To choose between Peerless or Seas, model them using Unibox (free download from Google) and the provided T/S Parameters in the size kicks you think you'll be able to build.

3. Diffraction A pillars and kicks Designs? Somebody had a good answer already in this thread: the sphere for kicks would have to be larger than you can fit, tweeters (and some small midranges) will benefit from spheres and more info can be found from Patrick Bateman's thread.

4. LOL, how to post things for sale on diyma.com? Seriously?

5. Mids that work well in SMALL kick panels? Model it using Unibox. If you are going 2-way, I would PERSONALLY get something that models with a QTS of around .707. Going 3-way? I would PERSONALLY get something with a QTS of around .5. If you want to know why, search "transient response" or read the "midbass arrays" thread by Lycan.

6. Volume of Kick Panels -----------Peerless Exclusive 7" Model it in Unibox

7. What Happens When I make An Enclosure "too small" Patrick Bateman has a great thread about it. Can't remember the name, but do an advanced search for his name with "threads started by". Short answer...it will usually have a peaky response and early roll off. You can tame the former with EQ and boost the latter with extra power.

8. Driver Comparison > DLS V.S. Peerless Has Anyone Compared The Two? I responded already in the thread--or one of the other three you started at the same time.

9. Anyone here of the Peerless Exclusives? DLS? See #8

10. DLS & Peerless Driver Comparison Any Input???? See #8

11. Help With Fabricating Kick Panels. Volume, F3???????????? Not even going to open this one, go to the how-to section here or visit Fiberglass Forums for all the help you need.

12. What To Look For In Amplifiers That Would Work Well In going "Active" At minimum, it needs to be able to cross over up to around 4khz with a traditional mid/tweeter setup. It helps if the amp also has t/a and eq.

13. Recomendations on 4 ch. Amp. to push A set of Seas Exclusives + Scan's HDS tweets? Buy as much power as you can fit/afford.

14. Please Help. Quick Question Not gonna open to look at

15. Tweeter to Match Seas Prestige Mids? Search for members using Seas Prestige Mids and look at what tweeters they run. Maybe PM them for input and see if they help further.

16. Brand New Car Cryin' for Audio! Endless possibilites! Awesome...start searching.

17. Has Anyone Listened To DLS Drivers, And Could Compare To Seas Drivers? See #8 (I know you changed from Seas to Peerless...same answer)

18. DLS Ultimates -vs- raw drivers (seas, scanspeak) See #8 AGAIN or SEARCH

19. 4 Channel Amplifier To run a set of Seas Mids + HDS Tweets See #13

20. 2 way active front stage, endless possibilites? What do you prefer? Suggestions? Not going to touch this one since 20 threads later you still haven't made up your mind.

21. Multiple Car Audio Questions, please help! Again, not even going to open it up.

22. Active vs Passive vs Bi-amped? SEARCH. I actually think this is covered in my Intro to Audio thread that was Stickied at one point.

23. Suggestions For Build On Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Search Build Logs for the same car. At minimum, post pictures in your thread so people can see what the vehicle's interior looks like to help better.

24. Seas L18 and Peerless HDS tweeters? They both get generally good/great reviews.

25. Upgrade On My DLS UP5i Components? Yes. Speakers that sound better to YOU.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
nice kill

·
Registered
7,406 Posts

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
So what is for sale? :)
I've got some modded Linear Powers, maybe some IDQ15's soon as I test them... Possibly some IDQ8's... :laugh:

AFA the OP... who knows.. lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thankyou for the responses. Diyma.com is a frew website for anyone. You do not have to post replies on my threads, nor will you "kick" me off the website. Obviously I am knew to this, and am going to want as much info as possible from various people. So this is to you pionkej, please **** off. No one is forcing you to post replies under my threads

Thankyou for all your help!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will be looking for other forums in the mean time to join. I thought diyma.com wasn't about bashing those who are "new" to this forum. I hope you feel better about yourself for bashing a 16 year old kid.

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
I will be looking for other forums in the mean time to join. I thought diyma.com wasn't about bashing those who are "new" to this forum. I hope you feel better about yourself for bashing a 16 year old kid.
Hey there kiddo! Your feelings might be hurt but that's too bad, the Internet is not the place for sensitive titty babies.
You really should be appreciative cause he wrote a very lengthy post answering many of your questions. So what if he came off as a dick? he still took more time out of his day than he should have to hold your hand.

PS. This is coming from someone who has been slammed many times for posting dumb questions and I've since learned how to better find the answers.

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
Someone mention post mongering?

Cause I was gonna say the most natural I've ever felt was Mr.T's mom. I paid for hers about 10 years ago and to this day a doctor couldn't tell them from the real thing. I'm talkin Waka Flocka!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Obviously I am knew to this, and am going to want as much info as possible from various people. So this is to you pionkej, please **** off. No one is forcing you to post replies under my threads
You are obviously new to this, and believe it or not (and though I may be a dick about it) I'm trying to help. You are asking question after question, so much so that you are getting few responses. You are jumping from driver to driver while trying to make a decision (everybody does this :D) and posting a new thread about it everytime you try and make a decision (not something everybody does :mad:).

I'm not trying to "kick" you out, but trying to point out that you will get much further by searching and asking intelligent/informed questions instead of asking TONS of open ended questions and then asking the same question in another subforum when you don't get an answer after 4 hours. At this rate, you'll "kick" yourself out because you get frustrated you get ZERO help...I've seen it happen.

DIYMA isn't about bashing those new to this forum, and there are rules in place against it (you can involve a moderator if you feel I'm being too rude). That being said, there are also rules against spamming posts too.

I don't feel better knowing you're a 16 year old kid...but I don't feel bad for it either if that was the intention of bringing up your age. I'm sure at 16 you want to be treated like an adult as much as possible, that is until somebody gives you a hard time and all the sudden you're a kid again and we should feel bad. I will actually say that I envy you for getting into this side of car audio so early, I didn't start to come around until I was like 24 or so.

Lastly, everybody starts somewhere. Look at the very first posts I made here, many were similar to yours (and most got very few responses). The difference is that when I wasn't getting much help, I didn't throw up the same thread in a different area, instead I searched...and searched...and searched (and learned...and learned...and learned). I'm not saying this to brag, but I can help you with nearly all of your questions. If you can figure up what the internal volume your kicks will be, I can help show you how to model different drivers. I can help alot, but I'm going to help by teaching...not by handing out cookies.

Reactions: Wesayso

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You are obviously new to this, and believe it or not (and though I may be a dick about it) I'm trying to help. You are asking question after question, so much so that you are getting few responses. You are jumping from driver to driver while trying to make a decision (everybody does this :D) and posting a new thread about it everytime you try and make a decision (not something everybody does :mad:).

I'm not trying to "kick" you out, but trying to point out that you will get much further by searching and asking intelligent/informed questions instead of asking TONS of open ended questions and then asking the same question in another subforum when you don't get an answer after 4 hours. At this rate, you'll "kick" yourself out because you get frustrated you get ZERO help...I've seen it happen.

DIYMA isn't about bashing those new to this forum, and there are rules in place against it (you can involve a moderator if you feel I'm being too rude). That being said, there are also rules against spamming posts too.

I don't feel better knowing you're a 16 year old kid...but I don't feel bad for it either if that was the intention of bringing up your age. I'm sure at 16 you want to be treated like an adult as much as possible, that is until somebody gives you a hard time and all the sudden you're a kid again and we should feel bad. I will actually say that I envy you for getting into this side of car audio so early, I didn't start to come around until I was like 24 or so.

Lastly, everybody starts somewhere. Look at the very first posts I made here, many were similar to yours (and most got very few responses). The difference is that when I wasn't getting much help, I didn't throw up the same thread in a different area, instead I searched...and searched...and searched (and learned...and learned...and learned). I'm not saying this to brag, but I can help you with nearly all of your questions. If you can figure up what the internal volume your kicks will be, I can help show you how to model different drivers. I can help alot, but I'm going to help by teaching...not by handing out cookies.
Perfect

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
I am sorry If I upset anyone by posting this thread, but please if you will list the "most natural" sounding front stage you have ever heard. Either 2,3, or 4 way, active or passive, sub(s) or no sub(s), vehicle: , etc.

Your posts are well appreciated.

Thankyou very much, have a wonderful day!
Alpine HU , active, scan revelators in kicks, tweeters on sail panel, Genesis amplifiers.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts

Pretty much that...

I made my post knowing full well you had no idea what Petras horns where, much less SoundStream SS8r's

Fact is, the question is UN-answerable.. every-bodies ears are different... so it's NOT possible to actually ANSWER the question... lol..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am very happy with everyones responses, being a dick or not I took them into consideration.

Actualy, I am 19 attending college.

Reason I said i was 16 is no, not to make any feel "sorry" or "bad" but it was to "point out" that I am young, and obviously do you think anyone that age is going to have much experience with audio to this depth?

Didn't think so. I think we could all agree on that.

Thanks for your replies.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts