DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb question #1 for the day :)

I'm planning where things will go, how I will mount them, etc in a 08 Accord. I feel comfortable with the electrical plans, but I tend to be less mechanically inclined. My plan is to hide everything and mechanically, I want everything to be functional but don't really care about how it looks....just don't want rattling or things coming loose.

This is a pretty general question, but basically I want to stay pretty close to OEM. I'll need to mount passive crossovers and a iPOD control box behind the HU\glovebox. The existing factory crossovers are mounted on nice brackets of course.

Without completely taking the dash apart (don't want to do), it looks like I have very limited working room and I don't see how I could possibly drill.

How does one mount the small control boxes\crossovers? Are we talking industrial Velcro for stuff like this? zip ties?

·
Registered
230 Posts
If at all possible, put your crossovers in your doors. You already are going to be pounding on your hu trying to get it to slide into place with other wiring. In doors, I mount x overs to the door using 3 m double stick tape. Don't use Velcro. And for the other box, basically find room somewhere and zip tie it. Lots of times, you can put them off to the side of where the hu slides back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts