DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
mounting direction for LCY ribbon tweets and power?

I just got my new LCY 130 ribbon tweets in the mail and wow those suckers are bigger and heavier then I ever imagined a tweeter can be but they look to be so solidly built,,, anyway on the the question,,,

they are going to be mounted in my kick pods and am not sure if the ribbon needs to be vertical or horizontal or if it doesnt matter how its mounted,,,,

thanks all

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
might as well ask this at the same time,,, they say they can handle 150w but how much do they really need to get moving,, here are my power options

I need to power LCY 130's,,, and a pair of seas W18 ex's ,,,

I have an Esoteric E7054 which is 50 X 4 at 4 ohms or 200 X 2 at 2 ohms

Esoteric E7512 which is 150 X 2 at 4 ohms or 300 X 2 at 2 ohms,,,,

I also have a Diamond D 300.4 laying aroudn which is like 37 rms X 4
or like 150 X 2 rms at 4 ohms,,,,

I may be adding a pair of back speakers to my truck on a toggle one day for the complaining passengers that say my subs are to loud but thats to be seen

im curious what power im best suited to throw at which setup,,,,

thanks again its my first go at using 8 ohm drivers in my car so not sure how much to feed them

·
Registered
230 Posts
Here is a quote taken from this thread here: http://70.86.17.162/~npdang/forum/showthread.php?t=739

npdang said:
It sounds extremely bright and agressive when turned on it's side.

Here is a quote taken from this thread here: http://70.86.17.162/~npdang/forum/showthread.php?t=2&highlight=lcy+130

npdang said:
- High sensitivity and superb dynamics. Less than a few watts will typically yield very high spl levels. Also, above a certain frequency usually 10khz or so, a ribbon acts as a line source meaning that for every doubling of distance, you lose only -3db rather than -6db like you would with conventional point source drivers. The longer the ribbon, the lower the frequency.

Dave

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cam2Xrunner said:
I'd use the Diamond D5300.4's front channels on the ribbons, the rear channels to the rear speakers. Then bridge the E7054 to the Mids. Nice system btw :eek: :cool:

thanks its all running off of a eclipse 8454 not sure if im gonna cross them using the in deck crossover or use the butterworth crossovers on the amps,,,,

sub stage is ED 16ov.2's they have some really nice SQ,,, now if i could only get a free minute from my new job to do some installing gotta fab up some stuff to fit the lcy's in my kicks they used to house 6.5's,,

thanks for all the advice guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.