DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is how to mount the LPG 26's i have flush to my a-pillar panel. Around the flange on my tweets there isint much room to mount them, if anyone has any ideas on how to make the flange a little larger just to have more surface area to rest on the pillar panel that would be great. I just don't see how i'm supposed to effectively mount them when there is hardly any flange on them to support them. I have no mounting kit for the either if there ever was one, not that that matters though.

Link to what they look like is here:
http://diymobileaudio.com/pics/NEO.JPG

That should give a decent idea of how much flange is on the edge. ~1.5mm

So should i take some hot glue and just put a few beads on the back of the panel and the slide the tweet into its position. I'm worried that when i cut the hole in the panel that i will make it just a little too big or oblong, then i'd be screwed, and it wouldn't look as good as it should.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going to order a pair of the flush mount cups as well as a pair of the 26NAFM's for HT use.

Before i put my 26's in the car i had them dropped into my passive crossover on my HT. All i can say is WOW to them, they were paired with some Vifa P17SJ's and the sound was unbeleiveable, so i'm gonna replace them with some of the flush mounted 26na's and rebuild my bookshelfs and make some 1cf ported towers soon. Should be an awesome sound when all is said and done. They sounded perfect when i had the 26's sitting taped on top of the bookshelf's. They will replace my Audax TM025F1's. Decided i would order them to make the shipping even worth the trouble.

·
Registered
531 Posts
minitruck_freq said:
IIRC i cut a 1 3/4" hole in my baffles and pressed them in. they were a very tight fit. but i didnt have any trouble with them coming lose. but i would go with the flush mount cups if i were u.

that's what i did too....worked pretty decent...

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
if you had access to some ABS plastic sheeting you could make your own flush mounts for them...but if you dont have the tools, its gonna cost more than $7!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.