DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a Jeep Wrangler with a roll cage on it, and we got him 2 sets of 5-1/4 speakers. What is the best way to mount all 4 speakers on the front horizontal bar of his cage, all facing straight backwards? Please keep in mind this has to be waterproof, just like the speakers are.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i56.tinypic[DOT]com/euni1s.jpg

is exactly what it looks like

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked into the tower speaker option, but the truth is the sound from wakeboard or other tower speakers is really really harsh, bright and loud for what we are looking for. We have some simple Kicker 5-1/4's that will do that we are trying to figure out how to mount.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
210 Posts
I looked into the tower speaker option, but the truth is the sound from wakeboard or other tower speakers is really really harsh, bright and loud for what we are looking for. We have some simple Kicker 5-1/4's that will do that we are trying to figure out how to mount.

Thanks guys
New wetsounds Rev8s or Rev10s have cured that issue. Really. They need 300+ clean watts per channel though.

I'd look at diywake.com for a set of cans if you are dead set on mounting up the kickers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The closest thing diywake.com has is a set of 6-1/2" aluminum pods for $95. Is there anything else out there? I searched everywhere.

Or, are there materials I could use to house the speaker and mount onto the bar? I thought of PVC, but I dont know if that would work.

·
Registered
210 Posts
personally, I'd just scour the classifieds on the wakeboat sites. What you are trying to build is super low end. I'm absolutely certain that you should be able to pick up a much better set of used speakers with good clamps for $100 or less used.

·
Registered
210 Posts
:rolleyes: NO speakers need that. Some can certainly handle it (and many can't) but none need it... or anywhere near it.
What do you run to yours? How's the sound at the end of the rope?

I'm just regurgitating what the manufacturer says to run: http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/REV10_spec.html

The SYN-4 is the optimum amp in bridged mode for 400x2 for a pair of REV 10's. I always try to reach RMS or over RMS ratings to gain headroom. We designed the REV 8 and REV 10 using the power of a SYN-4 bridged. So trust me, they can both handle the power.

The REV 8 work great with a SYN-2 as that amp will do 200x2 so 200 to each when running one pair or 350x2 so netting around 175 to each speaker when running two pair. But the 200 is a bit light to really rock out the REV 10's. It will work fine but with Dual SYN-4's on Dual REV 10's, it is a whole other level in terms of volume and performance.

Tim
Wet Sounds
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787480&highlight=rev10

Syn-4 is Wetsounds Arc Audio KS300.4 clone, the Syn-2 is a KS300.2 clone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts