DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 · (Edited)
the thing angers me the most is that because of ultra poor midbass speakers install, you developed totally wrong impression on equipment - in this case AF midbass drivers. And that install should come from "Respectable" shop,....that is a bit of shock to me if Im ohnest....does those shop owners worry about their reputation???
They don’t have any competition. Why worry when there is only two shops in a town of 250,000 people.
Edit- There are a few other shops but they simply swap head units and install speakers in factory locations. No fabrication. And they also tint and install alarms.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
That is not a reason for not do the work as it should be done,...he should close the shop and go to sell the vegetables or something. I wouldnt give something like that out of my hands not even if I would do it free of charge...
If there is a big name behind that mess, even worse

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
FFS, folks...

Presuming it would have taken no more time or materials to install the midbass properly, and presuming there is no lack of knowledge or skills on the part of the installer, is there a more logical assumption than some unknown other person did the work?

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
FFS, folks...

Presuming it would have taken no more time or materials to install the midbass properly, and presuming there is no lack of knowledge or skills on the part of the installer, is there a more logical assumption than some unknown other person did the work?
I’ve never seen anyone else working at his shop other than himself. Maybe he’s more of a fab guy than an install guy?

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
I’ve never seen anyone else working at his shop other than himself. Maybe he’s more of a fab guy than an install guy?
IDK, man. Doesn't make any sense. Pretty much the first thing that ANY of us DIY'ers or a noob shop installer learns on their FIRST FRIGGIN' DAY is how to install new door speakers properly!

If you can't do that properly while nearly blind folded and in your sleep after a year or two of doing "a deck & 4" installs every day in a car audio shop (let alone after 30 years, even while drunk AF), LB is right...you should be selling fruit n' veggies or flowers on the roadside or digging ditches. :p

No joke, that midbass install looks like someone had their green 16 y.o. nephew come over and "Grab whatever you need, Bobby, just screw 'em in that thar hole in'da door!" while out under the shade tree. o_O I'm actually surprised there weren't punctures in the surrounds from his screwdriver. :p

201 - 206 of 206 Posts