DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys. well my deck is a few years old, but i love it. its a pioneer premier p600 but isnt MP3 capable. on top of that i bought a brand new face for it recently, so i dont want to go out and get an MP3 deck, even though i should. i was thinking on changing cd changers. i have a 2 month old pioneer 1280 12-disk model that i bought new, and thought about selling it and getting an MP3 changer. i had some questions as well:

1. has anyone used one of these and do they work well ??

2. is it POSSIBLE to even run an MP3 changer up to a NON-MP3 deck ??

3. if so, can u hook up a different brand to a pioneer deck, since pioneer doesnt make MP3 changers ?? are the cables that run from the cd changer to deck all the same in every brand??? i was thinking along the lines of this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...eName=WDVW&rd=1

OR http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...gory=85808&rd=1

4. and are those changers half decent ones? or can u find them cheaper?? i couldnt personally find cheaper ones

thx a lot!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi, The links you provided don't work so I don't know what MP3 changers you are talking about.

If you're talking about a CD changer that can read MP3 discs, then they exists. One brand that comes to mind is the SONY. They have the model that's FM modulated to work with any headunit (however, the quality is not as good as if it was connected directly to the headunit).

Another thing you can do is buy a Pioneer IP bus adapter that provide AUX input to your headunit. (there are two models, one that allows a CD changer to work in conjunction with the AUX input, the other model doesn't.). Then you can buy a separate MP3 player or any other source of audio you want, just connect it to the line AUX in to the Pioneer headunit. The disadvantage is that you won't be controlling it with the headunit...

I was in the same exact delema (spelling, eh..) as you. I have a Pioneer Premier deck from 10 years ago. LOL the thing still works and I love it! I have the 12 disc CD changer from Pioneer too. This was my solution:

Spend several days gathering awesome new songs that I like. Burn them to 12 discs. Popped them into my changer and wow... I couldn't ask for more. Great music, PERFECT CD quality (if CDs were purchased), variety! Think about it. If you had a MP3 changer, you won't have time to sort out 700x12 MB worth of music :) You're probably going to throw in random albums and your whole collection of good and not so good music. Hehe, then think of the time you'll have to skip songs that you don't like.

I'm sure the only reason why you're even thinking about MP3 changer is because you're tired of the CD's in your changer already =)

David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.