DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem?

the thing is when I put songs on the Sansa memory it will play and find it on the deck (jvc-840), but when i put it on the sd card it wont find it when i play it on the deck it wont read the song. It will play the songs on the sd card on the mp3 player though. Any help?

Mp3 player

SanDisk - Sansa Fuze+ 4GB* MP3 Player - Blue - SDMX20R-004GB-A57B

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you format the SD card?
The deck may not read the same format as the mp3 player does.
Try FAT16 instead of FAT32 and never NTFS for a portable player.
Check the manual for your deck to see what it can read.
what you mean fat16?

·
Registered
572 Posts
how do i format the sd card so it fat16?
What version of Windows are you using?
You normally just right-click on the drive letter in windows explorer and choose "Format", then select the options you want to use.

MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE CORRECT DRIVE LETTER!
If you format the wrong drive, it cannot be undone, so make sure you understand what you are doing before you go any further.

If you're in doubt, have someone who is familiar with formating a drive do it for you.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Before formatting a card unnecessarily check what the file system is first. It might already be formatted for FAT32. If you're running Windows, go to My Computer, insert the SD card in your reader, and when the icon for the removable drive shows up right click it and choose Properties. You want to look for a line that says "File System:". This is where it will show FAT xx or NTFS.

·
Registered
510 Posts
well at least this doesn't have to do with an amp.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Before formatting a card unnecessarily check what the file system is first. It might already be formatted for FAT32. If you're running Windows, go to My Computer, insert the SD card in your reader, and when the icon for the removable drive shows up right click it and choose Properties. You want to look for a line that says "File System:". This is where it will show FAT xx or NTFS.
yeah it a FAT32. So how do i change it FAT16 so it will read songs?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What version of Windows are you using?
You normally just right-click on the drive letter in windows explorer and choose "Format", then select the options you want to use.

MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE CORRECT DRIVE LETTER!
If you format the wrong drive, it cannot be undone, so make sure you understand what you are doing before you go any further.

If you're in doubt, have someone who is familiar with formating a drive do it for you.
running window7

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
which do i ust FAT or EXFAt? that all there is and the NTFS but people said not to use that

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
help i tried all 3 except the not ntfs and my jvc wont read them what wrong?
FAT16
FAT32
EXFAT

my jvc never readem. when i clicked on the usb device it only shows songs on the device and not the mini usb card

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i dont think sooo. it weird because it says i can format the song on the sd card, but will moved to the mp3 player and than can play. Also my deck doesnt read jpg pictures on the mp3 player for some reason? any help?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what are you talking about?
O such a adult of you talking like this when all I am asking is simple questions you moron.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts