DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an MS8 and the setup has a step for setting up the crossovers. I want to use it to feed amps, but the amps (at least the sub amp) come with their own crossovers. How do I handle that? Do I not use the one on the MS8 or can I look for an amp that doesn't have a crossover or has one that can be turned off?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A related question. One of the amps I'm considering has differential inputs. Sounds good to me, to help control noise, but will this be a problem connecting it to the MS-8? It doesn't say anything about this in the MS-8 manual.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
you should let the MS-8 handle all the processing. Depending on the amp if it requires a separate line driver to handle the signal (like the TRU CAT 5 cable type) it could be an issue. The MS-8 is a pretty clean source for your amps to begin with so i doubt using other types of inputs would help, or atleast would probably give diminishing returns.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you should let the MS-8 handle all the processing. Depending on the amp if it requires a separate line driver to handle the signal (like the TRU CAT 5 cable type) it could be an issue. The MS-8 is a pretty clean source for your amps to begin with so i doubt using other types of inputs would help, or atleast would probably give diminishing returns.
This amp http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1362501V2/JL-Audio-Slash-v2-Series-250-1v2.html?tp=35834&nvpair=FFCustomer_Rating|[rank1]5+stars#details-tab[/URL]

has differential inputs. I wasn't looking particularly for that, but it seems to meet my needs nicely and I just want to make sure it will play nice with the MS-8.

Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.

Boy, you guys answer quickly!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts