DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question:

I'm getting ready to start the install on the wife's car. '05 Nissan Altima. Original plans were a 6.5 in the lower doors, tweets in the a-pillars, 6.5's in teh rear door, a center and a sub. Running the ms8 for processing.

My question is this: With the processing abilities of the ms8 would I be better to run a higher-end coax in the front doors, ditch the a-pillar tweets, and have both side and rear channels for Logic 7? My big concern on this is that the stage height at the far left and far right will be really low without the a-pillar tweets.

Input?

-Ben

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
Do the separates in the front and assign your rear speakers as "Sides". The difference between 5.1 and 7.1 is very very subtle. The benefit of time alignment of the front mids is not subtle and is the better option.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do the separates in the front and assign your rear speakers as "Sides". The difference between 5.1 and 7.1 is very very subtle. The benefit of time alignment of the front mids is not subtle and is the better option.
Thanks for the input Andy, I was hoping you'd reply!

One more quick question: the Altima has a spot for 6.5's low in the rear doors, and also a spot for 6x9's in the rear deck. I'll be running 6.5's either way, but do you think it would be better to load them low in the rear doors or on the rear deck/parcel shelf?

Thanks again!

-Ben

1 - 3 of 3 Posts