DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to install my ms8. It seems like there are a lot of "particulars", just for this thing so, I've developed a question. I have a fuse block next to my battery with a near-to the total amperage of my amps, fuse on my power cable. Just going over the install instructions for the ms8 I see a recommendation for a power wire with a fuse near (18") the battery. For some reason I'm thinking this might mean that it needs it's own separately fused wire.
Is this thing a special case that needs a private fuse or, do I just rely on my already fused power structure (w/ distro) with appropriate fuse?

·
Registered
898 Posts
your fine. Just wants a fuse near the batt so you don't fire your car :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I thought I remembered learning something like this: FUSES

I have a fused distro so, I'm going to use it as in link above. I may not have been clear in my description (no offense to nick650's response!).

I just thought I'd post this updated realization in case anyone used my query and subsequent response as a guide (responsible forum participation:)).

I've been running my current three amps w/o fuses after distro, just the next available size (ANL-) below my total amperage on main line, at the battery.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Well, the fuse on the battery is to protect the power cable from any short circuit....
While fuse at the distribution block are to protect the cable(s) after the block...
Is good to have multiple fuses rather than single fuse...
x 2!

·
Registered
898 Posts
First off most amps have fuses on them. Just like the MS8. If NON of your other amp have fuses, make sure they do!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
always have a fuse within 18" of the battery on any line connected directly to it. anytime you change wire size (like from 0 to 4 in a distro) you need to fuse the connection.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts