DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Forum,

I've had the MS8 in my car for 10+ months with no problems but 2x this week it would not power up once engine started. The Head unit powers up but the MS8 Screen would be blank and No sound coming from speakers.

Today it occurred and I stopped the engine...restarted and began driving...No Sound / Blank Screen...Then a few seconds later the screen and sound came back on...weird.

Is there any possibility of a remote wire being loose? I dont have a clue...

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hey Forum,

I've had the MS8 in my car for 10+ months with no problems but 2x this week it would not power up once engine started. The Head unit powers up but the MS8 Screen would be blank and No sound coming from speakers.

Today it occurred and I stopped the engine...restarted and began driving...No Sound / Blank Screen...Then a few seconds later the screen and sound came back on...weird.

Is there any possibility of a remote wire being loose? I dont have a clue...

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!
Triple check all three wires at all connections. MS8 is finicky with suspect wiring in my experience.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Check your fuses for sure

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Frank and Ryan, thanks for the feedback...I'll check all 4 of those sources.
What I've done on the meantime is a factory reset and I have no issues at this time but I will keep my eye on it.

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
I'm not sure I understand what "finicky with bad connections means". If the connectioin is bad, then MS-8 doesn't get what it needs. If the power, ground or remote connection is intermittent, then MS-8 will be intermittent. It's much more complex than an amplifier. An amp will just turn on and turn off. MS-8 is like a very basic computer. Try pulling the battery out of your laptop while a bunch of programs are running and then put it back in. If the ensuing condition is "finicky", then I understand what you mean. :)

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
Bluenote,
Check the remote, power and ground connections. If you don't find anything, then remember your settings and do "reset factory defaults" and run through setup again.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andy thanks for the input, I will check as suggested :)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Try pulling the battery out of your laptop while a bunch of programs are running and then put it back in. If the ensuing condition is "finicky", then I understand what you mean.
OK I spit sweet tea on my monitor on that one. It reminds me of teaching entry level computer operations continuing education classes. I had one lady that got stuck looking for the "any key". I know this is an old joke but it actually happened to me :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts