DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any pics of their MTI under seat enclosure in a pick up truck? Mind posting them? I am interested in buying a King Ranch Stage 3. But I would like to get more info because they are pricey.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking to see them installed. Some pics of the enclosures look like they stick out past the front edge of the seat a little too much. Not real flush or close to it. I want to talk to some guys that actually have them.
Thank you

·
Registered
9,166 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a good video and makes me want to buy MTI even more. It’s still hard to see how much protrusion past the seat edge. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
443 Posts
On my Chevy it does not stick past the front of the seat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now that’s what I like to see! If you don’t mind a few questions? Did you have to use a seat lift kit? It looks like you kept your factory carpet under the box? What size subs did you go with? And do most Chevy trucks go with up fire subs vs down fire? Seems like most Fords are down fire or behind the seat.
Looks like a nice install. Thank you for replying.

·
Registered
443 Posts
LMI seat lift. I left the carpet but I took out the felt pad from the front of the box to the back, but I covered the floor with cld. They are Frog GB12’s. They built it up firing because they are full size subs, not shallow mount. Usually they are down firing. Here’s a link to my build thread.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
also this.

·
Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
1,362 Posts
Here’s mine it’s similar to the one in the video from 5 star but for a gmc with 13tw5’s. I can get better pictures tomorrow during the daytime with both seats back in.

Automotive lighting Trunk Audio equipment Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Rectangle Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car seat cover

Reactions: SNCTMPL

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LMI seat lift. I left the carpet but I took out the felt pad from the front of the box to the back, but I covered the floor with cld. They are Frog GB12’s. They built it up firing because they are full size subs, not shallow mount. Usually they are down firing. Here’s a link to my build thread.

Awesome! How do you like the Frogs?

·
Registered
443 Posts
They are awesome. I can get them to blend in with the rest of the system and sound great, or I can get them to really pound.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
New build, congratulations. I would love to see pics. MTI “standard” box for GM or custom specs?
Thanks! I honestly don’t know, I didn’t order it from them directly. I found a great deal locally from a guy who ordered everything for his truck and then sold it before starting the install. He is an experienced installer so I assume the box was built to spec.🤷‍♂️

As fancy as my box looks i have no doubt that @SNCTMPL has a much better setup utilizing normal subs vs my shallows. My box didn’t require a seat lift but i ended up doing one anyway to make space for the equipment.

I’m happy for the money that i have into it and the looks but if i was to start over, I’d sacrifice the looks and fit normal subs that can play a little lower/cleaner/+output and blend better. It’s possible i don’t have them running at there maximum potential but I can’t be to far off.

All depends on what your after and your musical taste but I would look into fitting full size subs like the frogs/raven or illusion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a single 10” behind the seat now and it’s fine but I ‘m looking for pretty da&? Good at least.
Good info but it wasn’t what I wanted to hear😁. I was hoping the MTI would be the answer (looks and awesome sound). Thank you

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I have a single 10” behind the seat now and it’s fine but I ‘m looking for pretty da&? Good at least.
Good info but it wasn’t what I wanted to hear😁. I was hoping the MTI would be the answer (looks and awesome sound). Thank you
That’s just my opinion, you might be completely satisfied with the JL’s. The box itself is really nice and mti does great work. I would absolutely still order from them just look into other subs & box options.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts