DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to design an xover for a Aura NS3-193, and Seas 27TBFC or 27TDFC, but I do not have any software or experience with this. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction. They will be going in a very slim enclosure (6-7" wide, 30" tall, 4-5" deep, its for a plasma tv). The cutoff I'm looking for on the Aura is around 200hz. [Oh btw, which of these tweeters would you go with, I'm kinda worried about the TBFC's roll off].

·
Registered
9 Posts
FRD Consortium should be a good way to begin.Simulation.
Trace the response using SPL Trace and then simulate the XO using Jeff Bagby's PCD.
Do tell us the results if you end up builing it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
You want to use a 3" in a 2-way? For plasma TV, a fullrange driver would work better and not require a crossover. BTW, that 3" driver is a fullrange and doesn't need a tweeter. Past 10kHz its response might not be so good, but it'll definately work.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I took a look at Zaph's design but am pretty set on doing an MTM (louder/less distortion). Is there anyway to get a simulated ideal crossover for this combo? That way I can order all the parts and drivers at one time, build it, and tweak from there.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
madisound designs MTM crossovers. They carry the drivers you are going to use.
Give them a call...

Justin

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Well, the only help I can offer is that in my vehicle the Seas 27TDFCs don't like much lower then 2kHz @24db slope. Although, it'll be different in the home compared to funky dash/glass reflections I get and how you'd like it to mate with the woofers, but it's a start :D

-aaron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts