DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an iPhone since they came out in 07 but if the new one tomorrow doesn't have a much larger screen I'm going to a Samsung Galaxy S2. That leaves the question of how to get the music I would keep on it from the phone to the head unit.
Currently I use a plain old iPod connector into the auxillary input on my head unit. I know nothing about the droid phones...are there similar cables for those phones for audio playback in the car ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
as of right now there is the Auxiliary option for Droid OS phones...Manufacturers have thrown the idea out that next year possibly each head unit company will be debuting a Droid OS radio...Not sure how much truth there is to that just some talk I have heard from some reps and engineers. So as of right now you will get no Menu on your head unit from a Droid OS but you can still play music Via Bluetooth or Auxiliary...

·
Registered
340 Posts
aux cable is the best option out there for now. this is why i use my iPod on the car.

droid > iPhone though. and thats coming from someone who loves apple products. i use a macbook, and i have an iPod and iPad. but for phones... android is better overall.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Bluetooth is the way to go.

I have a Pioneer Avic D3 which is 5 year old technology which works great with my HTC Evo 4G, both for music playback and telephone. I start the Music player app, use the phone to wirelessly select albums or playlists. The HUs controls work to skip through tracks and/or pause/play. Album art shows up on the phone. So I can control playback from the HU.

Bluetooth connection allows you to bypass the cheap DA converters in your phone and use the HU's converters which are usually better. Some old versions of bluetooth didn't have the bandwidth to support 44.1/16 (cd quality), but all of them do now.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Bluetooth is the way to go.

I have a Pioneer Avic D3 which is 5 year old technology which works great with my HTC Evo 4G, both for music playback and telephone. I start the Music player app, use the phone to wirelessly select albums or playlists. The HUs controls work to skip through tracks and/or pause/play. Album art shows up on the phone. So I can control playback from the HU.

Bluetooth connection allows you to bypass the cheap DA converters in your phone and use the HU's converters which are usually better. Some old versions of bluetooth didn't have the bandwidth to support 44.1/16 (cd quality), but all of them do now.
My Town Car has a Pioneer AVIC-920BT(something like that) head unit w/nav. I stream through Bluetooth Audio from my Evo and it sounds great...

·
Registered
319 Posts
I don't know about all head units but my I run a Pioneer DEH-6300UB. It's got iPod control but I'm actually able to access the music file directory on my Droid X2 with it by running the USB cable. I can't run the Pandora app though. For that I have to run an aux input and go directly through the phone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts