DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some music is timeless, it doesn’t matter if it came from the ‘50’s, ‘60’s, ‘70’s, etc. some music is still interesting, and sounds awesome regardless of when it was made.

This thread is not about that music. This thread is about the music that was awesome in its time, but now has lost all relevance, and just isn’t enjoyable at all.

I’ll start off with 2 groups that were great in their time, but now offer no satisfaction at all.

Sublime
Outkast

What you got?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hmm... I guess I was never really into "trendy" bands. Even most of the stuff I listened to in middle school holds up pretty well (showing my age here...). The Beastie Boys were my favorite group when I was 12 and they still are. LL Cool J was another favorite. I got into Sir Mix-A-Lot when his 1st album (Swass) came out... I actually listened to it recently and some of the songs come off as immature, but overall it's a still a good album.

But in the spirit of the thread, here are a few other artists that were popular in that era but don't hold up now... Fresh Prince, MC Hammer, and Vanilla Ice. I can't say I was really "into" those rappers, but I did have 1 tape or CD from each of them.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I still listen to sublime fairly often.

Each to their own :p

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've liked very little from the 70s or older. I never liked Sublime.

The ones that I liked in their radio time but can't listen to anymore:

Pretty much all R&B
Madonna
Metallica
Pantera

... make that all rock that doesn't move my subwoofer or have great dynamic range. Sorry 80s hair bands, that means you too.

Fear Factory is a casualty too. I still think some of their stuff good, but Burton's clean vocals ruin most of the songs and it's hard for me to enjoy metal that doesn't have at minimum 3 guitars with a "rock star" on that lead guitar. The music is so boring without it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts