DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I'm mainly a SQ guy but wanted to try and build a SPL, so here it is...

I wanted to build a 150db daily system that could hit a 150db on the Term Lab. I also wanted to build a non-wall / Below the window line box.

2001 GMC YUKON DENALI

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Head Unit: Alpine IVA-D100
Processor: Alpine PXA-H701/RUX-C701
CD Changer: Alpine CHA-S634
Screens: (2) Alpine TME-M710
Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford Fosgate T15004
Sub Amps: (2) Rockford Fosgate T4000.1
Front Mids & Highs: MB Quarts QSD-216
Rear Mids & Highs: MB Quarts QSD-216
Subs: (2) 18" Fi BTL (Fully Loaded)
Electrical: Big 3 & 1/0 ga, (2) Yellow Optimas (3) Kinetik HC2400, Mechman Dual Alternator Setup (140+250)

Alpine IVA-D100 and Alpine RUX-C701 Controller

Mechman dual High Output alternator setup

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Box Build - If I remember correctly, it's somewhere around 12 cubic feet (after displacement) and ported to 35 hz

·
Registered
12 Posts
looking good so far, did you pull 150 out of it? I know I've heard it's tough to hit, but 2 18's shouldn't make it too difficult, they box is holy schnikes HUGE, 12ft^3, I did a 15 recently that's 4ft^3 @33hz I thought that was big!
I really love the way you did the ports.... this is just a suggestion, I know your box is already built but if you build the ports side by side, I hear you can pull 7-10 extra db's off that, might keep that in mind if you have trouble, but with your box build I don't really see any other way you could do that, so it looks really nice!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After this months Term Lab comp, if I hit a 150db, It's coming out and I'm starting my SQ system.

Center Channel Install

Still have to finish up the trim plate.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looking good so far, did you pull 150 out of it? I know I've heard it's tough to hit, but 2 18's shouldn't make it too difficult, they box is holy schnikes HUGE, 12ft^3, I did a 15 recently that's 4ft^3 @33hz I thought that was big!
I really love the way you did the ports.... this is just a suggestion, I know your box is already built but if you build the ports side by side, I hear you can pull 7-10 extra db's off that, might keep that in mind if you have trouble, but with your box build I don't really see any other way you could do that, so it looks really nice!
Got it metered lastnight and I'm super happy!! I hit 150.3!!!

Thanks for the suggestion and not to be a dick but whoever told you that thing about 7-10 extra dbs stuff is highly mis-informed (think about it...3 dbs or somewhere around there is almost twice as loud - so your saying by just changing port design I'll gain 2x - 3x ass much output?) I have to meet that person who told you that.

But anyway thanks for the complements! and would've loved to hear your system! 33 hz, must've been pretty low.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
nice :) where was the meter placed for measuring?

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
Got it metered lastnight and I'm super happy!! I hit 150.3!!!

Thanks for the suggestion and not to be a dick but whoever told you that thing about 7-10 extra dbs stuff is highly mis-informed (think about it...3 dbs or somewhere around there is almost twice as loud - so your saying by just changing port design I'll gain 2x - 3x ass much output?) I have to meet that person who told you that.
I see people post where if you move the sub around in your vehicle . . . you can corner-load it :p

None of them have ever bothered to have theirs metered ;) and then shown the pic of the meter , like you have !!

Very nice looking !! 150 dB :eek:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I built a box for my buddy for 2 memphis mojo 15s, right over6cf and he does a ~153 with a dd amp. I think 6000 watts he changes **** as often as his clothes. he was doin ~151-2 with a memphis 4kw.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice :) where was the meter placed for measuring?
At the Dash metered with a Term Lab

I see people post where if you move the sub around in your vehicle . . . you can corner-load it :p

None of them have ever bothered to have theirs metered ;) and then shown the pic of the meter , like you have !!

Very nice looking !! 150 dB :eek:
Thanks! I will admit that moving the box forward and backwards in the car will increase and decrease your TL score but not as to gain that much. :D and I know what you mean, i always run into those comedians...LOL just take it in stride, it's all in fun. Hey if it works for your setup, great!

I built a box for my buddy for 2 memphis mojo 15s, right over6cf and he does a ~153 with a dd amp. I think 6000 watts he changes **** as often as his clothes. he was doin ~151-2 with a memphis 4kw.
That's a great score! anyone in the 150+ playing music is loud, no matter what setup they have.

My friends just set the Hawaii State record with a 149.4 with a single 10" and a 152.4 with a single 18".

sweet score man! Now whats are you planning for the SQ system?
I'm planning on working on my CRX, I got some Zapco C2K amps with (4) Alumapros 12" and Rainbow Profi 3ways.

Still working on my wifes car, so it's on the back burner...:p

Thanks! for the props guys!
Tanner

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
on the glass? sweet?

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Love my dd's :) I've pulled a 149 on the glass. I know its capable of a 150, but its too expensive to find out if I blow something up :)

Nice install bro.

How do you tame it for normal listeneing? bass knob or gain pot?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Love my dd's :) I've pulled a 149 on the glass. I know its capable of a 150, but its too expensive to find out if I blow something up :)

Nice install bro.

How do you tame it for normal listeneing? bass knob or gain pot?
How do you like your DD for daily music?

I have the Alpine processor and it has presets that I just use, #1 = no bass, #2 some bass,......., #6 Full Tilt Bass

nice install, one day ill gun for 150db too.
Thanks! DO IT! and please keep me updated!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts