DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my equipment. I wanted my build posted in the correct spot before I started work on it.

2011 Dodge Caravan
MyGig Stock radio w/Bluetooth
JBL MS-8
JVC KD-HDR50 (Aux Input)
Fosgate T400-4
Fosgate T400-2
Fosgate T500-bdcp
Dayton Audio DC160S-4 (doors)
Dayton Audio RS75-4 (dash and center)
Pyle Pro PDMR5 (lower console center)
Vifa BC25SC06-04 (pillars)
Pioneer TS 6x9's 3 ways (rears)
Factory "D" pillar speakers
Factory 8 inch sub/enclosure
15 inch Type R sub

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have you measured or seen measurements for those Pyle drivers? You might want to switch over to either the Dayton ND-series or the RS-series 5" drivers.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I chose this mid range because of it's sealed properties.

Here's the specs:

Pyle Pro PDMR5 5" Sealed Back Midrange
The Pyle Pro PDMR5 high performance 5" sealed back midrange is ideal for use in either 2 or 3-way speaker systems where high power handling and efficiency are desired in the midrange frequencies. The sealed back design allows for cabinet installation without a separate midrange enclosure. Features a coated paper cone, 1" high temperature aluminum voice coil, and 15 oz. magnet structure.

Specifications: • Power handling: 100 watts RMS/200 watts max • Impedance: 8 ohms • Frequency response: 450-7,000 Hz • SPL: 92 dB 1W/1m • Dimensions: Overall diameter: 5-1/8", Cutout diameter: 4-3/8", Depth: 2".

What reasons do you base your remarks on. I will definately consider any another speaker if it will be a better speaker for my system.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I would just make sure to realize if you are sharing channels of the MS8 between speakers, they should be mounted very close together as they will receive a common time alignment value. Seems like there might be some issues with speaker placement in your plan. Might want to simplify things a bit unless you already have all this equipment. Usually a 2way active front R/L (can be mounted apart, as you will have ch 1-4 for this), single coaxial -or wideband type speaker- center (ch 5), coax -or comp mounted close- rear R/L (ch 6,7), and sub (ch 8) are what I've seen most people run with the MS8.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hey, looking forward to seeing what you do with this as I've been looking at the Grand Caravan R/T for the old lady and will put a system in it. Have you seen the LockPick for the MyGig radios? It sure does a lot and the software during iPod playback looks similar to an AppleTV, very nice!!

CHR550 LOCKPICK

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, looking forward to seeing what you do with this as I've been looking at the Grand Caravan R/T for the old lady and will put a system in it. Have you seen the LockPick for the MyGig radios? It sure does a lot and the software during iPod playback looks similar to an AppleTV, very nice!!

CHR550 LOCKPICK
Thanks

You sir have read my mind. I am definitely considering the Lockpick. If for nothing else...... the ability to enter destinations while in motion!

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts