DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan is ported box with 2 crossfire 15” subs powered by crossfire c7 2,000 watt amplifier. There will be windows to view the subwoofers through and itll light up red. Inside box will be painted black with red splatter paint. Out in front of box will be tvs and a lightup jeep logo.

Tailgate will get a custom made panel to house a crossfire 8” loudspeaker and 2 crossfire super tweeters. These will be powered by a crossfire c5 800.4 amplifier

The amps will be floated near roof and may get custom made see through housings so can view the internal workings of the amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My old system in jeep, this is being pulled out except reusing the front panel in front of subs that houses the monitors and light up jeep logp

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some cool back plates, i cant decide between clear and black bandana print, either way will light them up red with leds

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have two ideas for box, one is subwoofers uo and port back with windows on either side of port. Other is like the blue one in pic

·
Registered
599 Posts
Looks good, but how does it sound? Is this setup for tailgate parties or for listening while driving? U didn't even mention the front stage, so I'm guessing it's more for tailgating.

FWIW, I prefer the clear cover for the amps and the subs and port all facing the rear.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Looks good, but how does it sound? Is this setup for tailgate parties or for listening while driving? U didn't even mention the front stage, so I'm guessing it's more for tailgating.

FWIW, I prefer the clear cover for the amps and the subs and port all facing the rear.
The fronts just crossfire 6.5” components in factory locations. 1 system in dash and the other in soundbar. They are powered by a crossfire c5 800.4 amplifier. It sounds good. I enter the Jeep in shows so it has to look good and be loud. Im not sure how the crossfire 8” and super tweeters will sound in tailgate but im hoping they are loud.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Decided on 2 crossfire 8” loudspeakers and 2 crossfire super tweeters in tailgate. Shop tore my old setup out today, cant wait.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ended up going with the clear amplifier back plates. Heres how it looks on a crossfire C7 2k. I still have to send my crossfire 5 800.4 backplate in as they dont stock that amps backplate

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They started on box, I havent been to shop to see it but must be big as they said they had to take the spare tire carrier off the jeep to get tge box into jeep. I should have pics soon. Its supposed to be done next Saturday, cant wait to get loud.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Started on tailgate, it will hold two crossfire 8” mids and 2 crossfire super tweeters

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tailgate now has crossfire mids and tweeters. Next is the amps, my idea of attaching them to roof is dangerous and theres limited space in jeep so they are building a amp rack behind seat thatll light up with red leds, during shows ill just fold seat down so ppl can see the clear backplates etc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well they couldnt hang the amps in a safe way without drilling through the top or making them a projectile in case of accident. That said the amps will get a amp rack behind the rear seat. Theyll be mounted inverted and will light up. This way at shows etc i can fold the seat so can see the amp rack and clear backplates etc. heres a pic of the start of rack, finished product will look allot better and hold two crossfire amps, epicenter and my visual amp

1 - 20 of 24 Posts