DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I'd like to share my experience with trying to get a warranty replacement subwoofer from Sound Solutions Audio to warn people about their customer service in case you get a defective item like I did.

So on March 4, 2015, I ordered a Sound Solutions Audio 12" DCON subwoofer. It shipped quickly and I received it in what appeared to be great condition. I built the box and installed it within a few weeks. Long story short, there was a bad coil rub inside and it rattled very bad during playback.

April 17th, I finally get around to contacting them about a replacement. They are quick to assist me and say they will email me a UPS label. I received it a few days later and shipped it out to them. They received it on April 28th.

A month goes by with no news from them so I call and they say they will check to see if they received it. They did, and he said they needed to see what was wrong with it so I explained it again and he said he'd get back to me. Nothing for three weeks. I call again, they say they will get it right out to me. No tracking info, nothing. I call again and again, and he says he will do some testing on it (which was what was supposed to happen a month before) and that he would call me the next morning. Nothing as I expected.

I have lost count how many times I have called them (at least 6 times since they received my defective item) and they tell me they will get it shipped right out every single time.

I call this week on Tuesday, no answer, left a message. Emailed, no reply. I have called twice a day everyday this week and no answer. However, they have had time to upgrade their website and promote new products on their Facebook page this week.

So they've had my money for 4+ months and strung me along every time I call to check on it. I'd still be happy if they would just send me a replacement, but I think at this point, getting anything out of them, including a refund, is going to be a challenge.

I just wanted to warn those who are planning to purchase from them and those who already have to pray you don't have warranty an item. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice first post. Hope everything gets worked out. Have you tried calling them out on their facebook page?
I hope so too. No, I have not really called them out on facebook yet. I did ask in one of their posts if they were open this week but nothing. I really don't like doing this type of thing, but it looks like I will have to to get their attention.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,287 Posts
Sounds like a massive drop in sales is just what the doctor ordered. Any company that will flat out lie to a customer to get them off their back for a few more days doesn't deserve to be in business. I've never done business with them and don't plan to either. I would like to hear their part of the story on this. The way they've treated some other forum members that are known to be honest and reliable makes me not surprised that someone else is getting burned by them. OP, hope everything gets worked out. Maybe calling them out on a public forum will get their attention.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Always wanted to try a Dcon for ****s and giggles but now not so much thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I was contemplating getting one of their Q subs, just to try because I haven't seen much info on them. I'm glad I will not be now. More $$ for future upgrades.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Have you contacted Aaron? Goes by Denim on CA.com, Aaron Clinton on MAF, not sure what else. He takes care of things AFAIK. Contact him, he should get you settled.

Who exactly did you talk to? Was it the same person each time?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Wow, that just made my jaw drop while reading that Big Al.

And I am not sure who I have been talking with. It sounds like the same person. Could be wrong though. Going to give them another call this morning. If they will not send me another I'm just going to try for a refund. Hopefully I can find another sub close to this price range with similar box requirements as I built my box for this sub already. Anyone know any brands I should look at? Looking for quality with some good output, not just loud ****ty bass.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hello everyone, I'd like to share my experience with trying to get a warranty replacement subwoofer from Sound Solutions Audio to warn people about their customer service in case you get a defective item like I did.

So on March 4, 2015, I ordered a Sound Solutions Audio 12" DCON subwoofer. It shipped quickly and I received it in what appeared to be great condition. I built the box and installed it within a few weeks. Long story short, there was a bad coil rub inside and it rattled very bad during playback.

April 17th, I finally get around to contacting them about a replacement. They are quick to assist me and say they will email me a UPS label. I received it a few days later and shipped it out to them. They received it on April 28th.

A month goes by with no news from them so I call and they say they will check to see if they received it. They did, and he said they needed to see what was wrong with it so I explained it again and he said he'd get back to me. Nothing for three weeks. I call again, they say they will get it right out to me. No tracking info, nothing. I call again and again, and he says he will do some testing on it (which was what was supposed to happen a month before) and that he would call me the next morning. Nothing as I expected.

I have lost count how many times I have called them (at least 6 times since they received my defective item) and they tell me they will get it shipped right out every single time.

I call this week on Tuesday, no answer, left a message. Emailed, no reply. I have called twice a day everyday this week and no answer. However, they have had time to upgrade their website and promote new products on their Facebook page this week.

So they've had my money for 4+ months and strung me along every time I call to check on it. I'd still be happy if they would just send me a replacement, but I think at this point, getting anything out of them, including a refund, is going to be a challenge.

I just wanted to warn those who are planning to purchase from them and those who already have to pray you don't have warranty an item. Thanks for reading.
I had similiar experience with Image Dynamics. I sent them a sub to repair that died on me after like a week. It took me almost 2 months to get it back... If not longer. Had to stay on top of them. It's a good thing I had proof they received the item.

Thanks for posting this. Good customer service is such an important thing to me. Let's hope a rep sees this and assists you with it. Word of mouth is a BIG deal.

·
Banned
8,729 Posts
Only way you can stay in business in US is to provide great customer service.
we have so many choices.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had similiar experience with Image Dynamics. I sent them a sub to repair that died on me after like a week. It took me almost 2 months to get it back... If not longer. Had to stay on top of them. It's a good thing I had proof they received the item.

Thanks for posting this. Good customer service is such an important thing to me. Let's hope a rep sees this and assists you with it. Word of mouth is a BIG deal.
Glad I could help.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I just called, they answered. Coincidentally, it is "on its way". He is supposed to call me back with a tracking number. We shall see. Crossing fingers.

·
Registered
526 Posts
There is an old Thai saying that applies in these situations:

" Once the banana is in the elephants mouth, you aren't gonna get it back"

Buyer beware! ?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Bought two Xcon 15"s, and despite a very long wait/build time...had no issues and the Xcon is superb subwoofer. Packaging was top notch as well, wood crated. Though I never had to have warranty repair so cannot speak for that aspect.

Sucks you had an issue, but what company doesnt? Dont get me started on Verizon customer service. :mean:

·
Registered
438 Posts
That's why I love this forum, most members know that I had a problem a little over a year with an install by a local shop. I was forced to start over which was so expensive I didn't think it could be done. Not only did I get a **** ton of great advice from members, I got huge discounts on gear from honest guys and companies that went the extra mile to help me get affordable high end gear. I went to a kick ass installer for an estimate on my build. It was pricey but when he found out that I was "That Guy!!" and I was coming to him all the way from Vegas, he gave me a nice big chunk off the install. This is probably not the best place to post this. I just wanted to tell everybody thanks, it's good to see that there are still great people out there.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.