DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at Marv's BBQ IASCA Competition and fifteen minutes before I'm to be judged while warming up the Amplifiers the Bit One blows up and I lose my stage. :eek:

I no longer had any depth :(, height :( or center image :( I wanted too cry :bigcry: It was sounding so good then Bam.:(

It's a bigger shame that Audison won't have any new units until mid July. :(

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
omg! :eek:

Sorry to hear that man.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WHat do you mean it blew up....explain please. Very interested.
While Carlos and I were listening to it Carlos was saying how awesome it was sounding when all of a sudden something in the circuitry fried and I lost my T/A. I still had sound but no Imaging. Carlos and I looked at each other and he said I heard it but I don't know what happened; I sure did because I was sitting in the drivers seat and there was no more Stage. I'm not an expert so without opening it up and examining the board I can't tell you any more than that.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Holy crap! These things have been nothing but trouble from what I've read! Great features/options but low reliability and ultra high price tag. I'm going to have to steer clear I think!

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Not trying to get into a debate in a thread about his issues, but I think the Bit one is far from "ultra high priced." It is less than a new DSP 6....and that is without all the proprietary symbilink cables.

Anyway....sorry to hear about your troubles. I will be glad when Audison gets a good load of Bit One.1 stateside so issues like yours can be taken care of in short order.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Holy crap! These things have been nothing but trouble from what I've read! Great features/options but low reliability and ultra high price tag. I'm going to have to steer clear I think!
On the positive side it didn't fry any of my Drivers or Amps when it blew. :D

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not trying to get into a debate in a thread about his issues, but I think the Bit one is far from "ultra high priced." It is less than a new DSP 6....and that is without all the proprietary symbilink cables.

Anyway....sorry to hear about your troubles. I will be glad when Audison gets a good load of Bit One.1 stateside so issues like yours can be taken care of in short order.
Yeah, and I live close to there warehouse. :p

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Right before competing. Ouch! I was ready to buy one but a dealer said he wouldn't even think of selling me one until they had the bugs worked out. Went with a tried and true Zapco instead.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Can't wait to get my hands on one, but it looks like it won't arrive in time for the next IASCA Comp. :(
Judging by your results in the competition, Michael, you may not need it! :laugh:

Seriously, I'm sorry to hear of your trouble and hopefully things will be squared-away for your soon. And a BIG congratulations on your First Place in the comp... I know you work very hard and earn every improvement, compliment, and result that comes your way. :)

·
18,699 Posts
On the positive side it didn't fry any of my Drivers or Amps when it blew. :D
I lol'd. You are indeed a lucky man. ;)

I'm just glad this wasn't the ".1" version. I'm still crossing my fingers that all goes well with mine. Would be a shame to assemble all this gear, then put it in and find out I still have the same problems. But, reports for the newest release has been good so I'm being optimistic.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but like you said above.... ;)

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I'm at Marv's BBQ IASCA Competition and fifteen minutes before I'm to be judged while warming up the Amplifiers the Bit One blows up and I lose my stage. :eek:
And a BIG congratulations on your First Place in the comp...
Wait, so the thing fried on you and you still won?? :eek:

And you said you're going to get another one of these things? That's patience and loyalty man, I'd never go back after something like that happened. If fact, I'd tell EVERYONE what a pile of **** it is. I take it you bought it to help your system get to the competition level, you get there, and it takes a ****? Nice. Not to mention all the others who's turned to an expensive jewel case on them, too.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Judging by your results in the competition, Michael, you may not need it! :laugh:

Seriously, I'm sorry to hear of your trouble and hopefully things will be squared-away for your soon. And a BIG congratulations on your First Place in the comp... I know you work very hard and earn every improvement, compliment, and result that comes your way. :)
Thank you Kevin, I'm glad to see you made it home alright. When we were talking I had mentioned that the unit was acting up. I'll get with Audison today and see what can be worked out. I'm glad to see that others really appreciated your hard work as well. ;)

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.