DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cadence CWM-6KIT vs. Pioneer TS-D720C Or JBL. or, I have no f'n idea. I do not want to pay more than about 125-150.

What would you choose and how would you run them, active vs. passive?
Thank you.

·
Registered
322 Posts
With the budget you have, there are not many options worth the time and i dont recommend going active either but you can always give it a try. Read reviews on the rds and see if you like them, they are only $70 shipped. For that money you wont get any better, only drawback with those speakers its that the tweeter can be a little harsh.

Parts Express:pyramid CR-79G Electronic 3-Way Crossover
NEW PHEONIX GOLD RSD65CS 6.5" 120W COMPONENT SPEAKERS - eBay (item 320334720588 end time Apr-22-09 23:30:26 PDT)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why shouldn't I go active? Because I never did it before? Because I don't know what to do? I am learning from reading these threads. I just don't know how to match anything. NO more RSD's either please. i am tired of seeing those letters. Everywhere I read people praise them in 1 thread and then put them down in another. This goes for 3 different threads.

·
Registered
322 Posts
You should not go active because your are in a really tight budget thats all. Of course the rds are going to be trashed when compared to high end speakers, what would you expect for $68??

·
Registered
74 Posts
those aren't comps, those are midbass woofers only (no crossovers or tweeters). is that what you're looking for?

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you've been in the hobby for a while, you may have extra amps and crossovers lying around. In that case it's almost cheaper to go active. So how many channels of amplification do you have at what power and how do you plan to cross these components over?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am actually throwing my budget out of the window. I guess I was trying to rush it too much. I am going to start from scratch. I don't want to spend lots and lots of money, but I want to put something together that will sound good. I have a Quad cab Ram, I just don't have alot of room for multiple amps. I want to put them under the driver's seat. I am going to have 1 sub under the rear bench so that I still have storage under there. I don't want an SPL set up, It's just going to be for MY listening enjoyment.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I would take a look at the Pioneer 720PRS set or Hertz HSK165 set. Neither will break the bank and provide you with great sound.IMO You should be able to get either set in the $250 range new.

Then pick you up a little 2 channel amp. I would check the classifieds for this. Should be able to get yourself a decent 2 channel amp for $100.

If you want to go active you would have to increase your budget to purchase a HU. You can find the DXZ785USB for $130-$160 range that will allow you to active.

The sub is whatever you want to do that fits what you want.

·
Registered
636 Posts
For close to $150 you can get a pair of ID OEM mids (the carbon fiber cones) and a pair of Seas neo tweeters and run active. Sounds great in my car, as well as a couple other guys here who run that combo

I haven't been as active here as I used to be, so I'm not sure if you can still get those mids. Can someone help me out here?

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
If you have a HU that already will split up a 4-way set of speakers, then all you need are the raw drivers and you can pull that off with that budget. Otherwise you will need at least 3 amps and you could cheat like I did and make one set of speakers a comp set with a passive xover for the mid/tweet, then use active built-in amp xovers and a cheapy external lowpass xover for the midbass. There are cheap ways to cheat.

·
Registered
76 Posts
For close to $150 you can get a pair of ID OEM mids (the carbon fiber cones) and a pair of Seas neo tweeters and run active. Sounds great in my car, as well as a couple other guys here who run that combo

I haven't been as active here as I used to be, so I'm not sure if you can still get those mids. Can someone help me out here?
Are those the same as the CX64 mids? Where would you buy those? woofersetc has them but they are $190 for just the mids or $170 for CX64 v.2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts