Discussion Starter #1
Product Brand & Model:
Alpine 9887
PPI 356cs 6.5 midbasses
Crucial M4 256gb SSD

Condition of all items:
9887 - 8.5/10
PPI 356cs midbasses 8.5/10
Crucial M4 256gb SSD New, used less than 24 hours. (just purchased and installed this morning!)

Total Price: :
9887 $250 OBO
Slight silk-screen rubbing off on the FF button only.

PPI 356cs Midbasses $85 OBO
Marks around mounting holes.

Crucial M4 256gb SSD $330 OBO
New (if you consider less than 24 hours use new, otherwise lightly used)

Shipping Terms: :
neg

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

Well, my furnace blew this evening.
To make matters worse, it's not even mine. It's the furnace for my apt.
Landlords will not pony up the cash to repair/replace it.
The state agency handling these matters said the best I can do is pay for the repair myself and withhold the amount from the rent until I am paid back in full.
And since our closing for our house is not until february due to the holidays, I have no other choice.
Nights are damn cold here in New England.

To make it even worse, I have to take the funds out of our down payment. I can't take it our of our account and replace it, due to fund "seasoning" of the account for mortgage purposes. So I need to come up with some cash to replace it. (this is gonna cost me close to 2 grand if the whole furnace needs to be replaced)

Therefore, the above listed items are for sale.

I do not want to sell, but have no other choice. Other items may be listed depending on how much the actual cost ends up being.
May end up selling my whole system.

Argh.:mad:

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That is ******** that your landlord wont fix HIS ****. Take a look at your contract, he might just be breaching it. I would withhold rent because that is just wrong. Good luck with your sale, that sucks for sure.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh, I hear you. We've had MAJOR problems with these guys, some documented in off-topic lol.
Hence the purchase of a new house for us. Dealing with them was the motivating factor to get the f out.

Thanks, man.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I so wish that SSD was a 128, I'd buy it in a second. Dropping 300+ on a SSD right now just stings a bit. Sucks some serious balls about your furnace, can't take the cocksucker to court or anything?

Any other computer stuff maybe coming up for sale?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually yeah. Nothing new though. I've got a Gigabyte HD4850 512mb vid card I have on hardforum for like 50 or 60 bucks.
Plus I WAS looking to get rid of my AMD PII x3 720 triple-core (converted to a quad via unlocked 4th core 100% stable at 3.41ghz per core on 64-bit os, higher on 32-bit) with Gigabyte mid-high end board sli/x-fire x capable, with 4gb G-skill Pi DDr2 800 4-4-4-12 timings.

Want to upgrade to a 2500k/2600k proc/board combo. Don't know if it's int he cards now.

I do have a CRAP ton of 478 1 or 2 775 procs, Intel gigabit NIC's, old-school dual xeon server boards with procs, RDRAM, SDRAM, etc.... from builds from years past that i'd be willing to practically give away just so I don't have to pack or move it to the new house.
(some of it I WILL give away, just need to inventory it all first lol, then I plan on posting it to the free stuff thread)

·
Old School Veteran
227 Posts
I want that mobo/cpu combo! Damn that sounds sweet! Send me the model # & anything else you can find on the furnace. My dad has access to crazy low prices on parts. He got me a replacement pilot assembly for my obsolete floor furnace from the manufacturer for FREE :)

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Make sure to send em something nice this holiday season in a box with no return address... Maybe a nice not so hot loaf..

·
Registered
322 Posts
Make sure to send em something nice this holiday season in a box with no return address... Maybe a nice not so hot loaf..
Start saving up loafs now, so that your moving out present to your a-hole slumlord has a nice big box of sh!t, just like the apartment he has been renting to you. :laugh:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
zam, I did get your previous pm, and thought I had responded to it. My bad if I missed it. Responding now.

As far as the furnace, it's fixed, temporarily. I have NO idea about anything to do with furnaces, but what I was told was that it hadn't been cleaned in years. Resulting in a clogged filter. Which in turn starved it of air, it sucked too hard, blew a coupling, and the ignition also fried as a result.
The landlords paid for a cobbled-together fix, but the service man told me it needed a complete service and rebuild or it'd go again.

So for now, I have heat. HOPEFULLY it lasts until I move out. But who knows. Either way, the gauge on the tank was also broken, and reading near empty. It was actually half full. So I also paid the oil man to fill it with a few hundred bucks worth that I didn't quite need for another few weeks. Ah well. I would've needed it anyway, it was just sooner rather than later.

Everything is still for sale though, so I can recoup some of the oil costs. Crap's expensive these days, man.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol Thanks!

I definitely have been looking at pellet stoves. I even looked briefly at a pellet furnace, like the St Croix Revolution. No idea how well they perform, though.

A pellet stove will be my upgrade next year though. Not in the budget this year. Gotta get the house first. But it's never too early to look.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
sorry to hear that. glad I live down south.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Wonder if jax lived up north how many furnaces he would buy and sell till he had the right one :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts