DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After giving up on one high end home and car audio shop and of course all the chains in St. Louis (Custom Sounds, Best Buy, etc.), I accidentally found JML Audio. Wow. Super knowledgeable, and Josh was friendly enough to spend about 3 hours over the last 2 days with a total green horn. Talking all things that make a great SQ car.

I picked up a set of Hertz HSK165's and oh ****, they kill the eD comps I had in there before. Mid bass out arse. Excellent sound (in an 07 Titan).

The cool thing is they are totally DIY friendly and SHARES tons of good ideas. We'll be going through my truck step by step tuning and making improvements. We may go active via Zapco DC360.4 as well.

Exciting times, thanks again to Josh. Now to squeeze some coins from the ol' lady...

·
Registered
666 Posts
good luck on the coin squeezin! i have to work my balls off sucking up all my extra time i could be spending on my install to produce those coins. then shes still pissed at me cause there is no time left for her. i should just spend the coin in the first place, if shes gonna be mad either way. cant win for loosin HUH.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Congrats.

I run the HSK165 set active in my Focus. Overlooked set of comps.

I am running my mids 63hz 18db yo 6k @ 18db and tweeters 6.3k @ 18db.

Get them running active and be even more impressed.

I second the Zapco DC, Love them. I have 8 of them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
good luck on the coin squeezin! i have to work my balls off sucking up all my extra time i could be spending on my install to produce those coins. then shes still pissed at me cause there is no time left for her. i should just spend the coin in the first place, if shes gonna be mad either way. cant win for loosin HUH.
Hey, it's like they say - it's always easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission ;) Congrats on finding a good knowledgeable shop near you, straightpiez. I am having a ***** of a time finding any around the Northeast Florida area. Good luck with everything

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. I was wondering if he posts here. Those guys do pretty amazing work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats.

I run the HSK165 set active in my Focus. Overlooked set of comps.

I am running my mids 63hz 18db yo 6k @ 18db and tweeters 6.3k @ 18db.

Get them running active and be even more impressed.

I second the Zapco DC, Love them. I have 8 of them.
How much power have you got going to the hsk mids. I had the same set active and I could never get it sound just right. Especially covering that much range (63hz-6KhZ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts