DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

A new install from France. I bought this new car 3 months ago.

The car : Golf mk7 GTI 2014

The car is not equipped with Dynaudio Option, so it will be easier to add audio system.

The equipment :

Source : OEM Head unit Discover Pro
Source 2 : DAP Fiio M9
DSP : Helix DSP Pro Mk2
Amp 1 : Zapco Z150.6AP for 3 way active front
Amp 2 : Alpine PDX V9 for sub
Speakers : Scanspeak D3004 / 10F / Wavecor SW168 / Dayton RSS315HF-4
Speaker Cables : Focal FC4
RCA Cables : Sommercable Albedo / Neutrik plugs
Power cable : Chameleon 65mm²

The install : it will be highly inspired by a Simplicity in Sound install I really liked (for the amp rack at least). If you are reading this, I hope you don't feel upset. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
OEM high level Signal :

The plan is to get the signal from front speakers :

Position 2-3-6-7 on the connector

I'm using a Quadlock 52pin extension to keep the OEM wiring untouched.

The unit is in the glovebox.

Clipping has been detected over 60% of Max Volume on OEM head unit. So I will stay below that limit.

Input Gain of DSP has been adjusted just below Clipping LED lights up

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't use Vagcom. I think the signal is fullrange. I'm not sure if I can get a flat signal yet, but if not, I will play with Helix input EQ to flatten it.
I thought I could use Input Signal Analyzer I saw in a video of Nick. Unfortunately, this cool feature is not available with DSP Pro mk2 :(

·
Registered
259 Posts
Nice! Was also about to make a build thread of my own soon.

gijoe's question was the same one I was going to ask :) - surprisingly, I haven't found anyone who has answered it yet.

Where are you going to place the Scanspeak 10f? On the plastic door card or in the A Pillar?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope I won't get problems with the HU signal. I will know soon :D

I'm going to place 10F and Tweeters in A-Pillars. But I need to finish the trunk and work on doors before that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Trunk :

Some Reckhorn ABX-tra here. I like this product, and CCF on it.

The amp Rack / sub enclosure :

The finished enclosure is 29 Liters. Perfect for the Dayton Sub.

Relay for fans and amps remote in :

DSP is mounted underneath. Unfortunately I didn't get enough place to install it where it was planned.

Everything is in place, relay is working fine, DSP and Amps turn on. Good ! :cool:

The DAP and URC 2A :

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Fantastic start Fabien! It was fun following this elsewhere, but so much easier to see everything in one place. Even though I was excited to see another great BRZ install, I’m so glad this car worked out for you - it looks great BTW!

You did an excellent job laying out the plan and your progress thus far. I’m a big fan of Bing’s amp rack builds, so that is an excellent template to use. Excellent equipment choices! I’m excited to get your impressions once everything is powered up.

I’m very glad you got power to the DSP and amps - that was a hard nut to crack for a couple days. I’m sure your execution of the front stage will continue to be on par with the trunk. Good luck my friend, and I’m excited to see the progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
117 Posts
Is that signal fullrange, and unprocessed? Did you have to use Vagcom?
On my ‘16 R with the same base audio system, the signal is full range and pretty flat (according to the input section of the software to the AudioControl DSP that was part of an early set up).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Doors are finished :

I also added some dampening under the rear seats

Now I’m waiting for a pair of used pillars to be delivered to continue.

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
Did you do any sound deadening in the c-pillars, behind the hatch trim, or by the rear wheels? My mk6 woudn't really benefit from vibration dampener under the rear seat, but there were several places in the hatch itself, c-pillars, and around the rear wheels that really benefited from it. I know you've already laid it down under the backseat, but if you have any left over, I'd recommend pulling some of the trim in the hatch area.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts