DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello audio world. Relatively new to dsps.

Back in july i had my gear installed by a shop. I only payed for a "quick tune" but said he set the gains with a dd1 besides that im not really sure what else he used.

Equipment is
Hertz ml165
Hertz ml 700
Hertz ml 28
Ct sounds tropo 6.5's x 4

Sundown saz-1000d
Hertz hdp4 bridged to the midbass
Hertz hcp4 on mids and tweeters

And obviously at twk88 also a kenwood h.u

Font Audio equipment Electronic device Screenshot Electric blue

Computer Personal computer Computer hardware Audio equipment Computer monitor accessory

Like i said im pretty new to actual tuning. I understand proper tuning frequencies for each speaker and thats about it.

Just wondering peoples thoughts on what he did, and what i should play with. I dont own a tuning mic or software.

It seems like he kept the same eqs for all speakers instead of seperating them.

The only comments he really made were that hertz amplifiers are "loud" and that it sounds a little "hollow" which i can sort of agree with. It sounds a little bit like you're listening to it through a piece of pipe. Im not sure how to go about tweaking it. Mids and tweeters are off axis in the a pillars which im guessing is adding to this hollow sound. Mids and tweeters are firing basically straight across the dash.

He also mentioned he wasnt too hot about the saz-1000d saying he could, if i remember correctly, barely get into the hain before the amp started introducing distortion.

Just looking for a little feed back. He said if i wanted a more in depth tune id be looking at around $180-200 canadian buckaroos

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Put bluntly you need a mic or access to someone else with a mic and is willing to share and assist

Crossovers need a mic to be set, timing is ideally confirmed with a mic, eq definitely needs a mic

I think I’d be passing him by with a cheap price like that, and describing an amp as loud tells me to run away!

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Door has been sealed with plywood and 2 layers of deadener and also has fast rings installed. Also has 1 layer of deadener behind the speaker.
were ya located?

·
Registered
5,930 Posts
Hello audio world. Relatively new to dsps.

Back in july i had my gear installed by a shop. I only payed for a "quick tune" but said he set the gains with a dd1 besides that im not really sure what else he used.

Equipment is
Hertz ml165
Hertz ml 700
Hertz ml 28
Ct sounds tropo 6.5's x 4

Sundown saz-1000d
Hertz hdp4 bridged to the midbass
Hertz hcp4 on mids and tweeters

And obviously at twk88 also a kenwood h.u

View attachment 348132
View attachment 348131

Like i said im pretty new to actual tuning. I understand proper tuning frequencies for each speaker and thats about it.

Just wondering peoples thoughts on what he did, and what i should play with. I dont own a tuning mic or software.

It seems like he kept the same eqs for all speakers instead of seperating them.

The only comments he really made were that hertz amplifiers are "loud" and that it sounds a little "hollow" which i can sort of agree with. It sounds a little bit like you're listening to it through a piece of pipe. Im not sure how to go about tweaking it. Mids and tweeters are off axis in the a pillars which im guessing is adding to this hollow sound. Mids and tweeters are firing basically straight across the dash.

He also mentioned he wasnt too hot about the saz-1000d saying he could, if i remember correctly, barely get into the hain before the amp started introducing distortion.

Just looking for a little feed back. He said if i wanted a more in depth tune id be looking at around $180-200 canadian buckaroos
and upgrade to tun4

in tun4 there’s only 6db of boost but it’s meant to be up to 25db of cut

stay away from boost in the vxi (or run your outputs at -12db

And get a mic !!

the umik2 uses asio and tun4 rta works with it nicely , you can sorta auto tune it direct from tun app and it does a nice job

·
Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
1,515 Posts
What is the vehicle and what is the car sounds x 4 that you have? If it’s four 6.5” shut all of them off. You don’t want all that noise coming from behind you. Focus on getting the front stage correct first. You shouldn’t even hear rears when done properly. And they aren’t properly done because they aren’t ran thru the dsp

1 - 12 of 12 Posts