DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like i found a keeper...mint shape ...burr brown upgrade and new caps..even better than when it was new...even if I have to run just 1 amp and deck power this is the amp I will keep....never thought I would say that ...haha

·
Registered
446 Posts
simply beautiful.... lucky man. thats some old school goodness for ya...

im doing an install with a guy named al. really new but is a member on phoenixphorum under 4nine.

we running mostly all old school pg stuff. from balanced line output analog converters to 30 band pg eq's, to their big crossovers, distros, 4 xenon amps, pg rsd comps. the pg 12+ relay remote turn on boxes for all the add on's

it will be awesome when complete

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm calling BS
haha...nope I am serious....had one before but not in this shape with the upgrades....this will last a long time as long as I dont get insane on it....I just love the build and power for the size......

·
Registered
954 Posts
Sweet!!

I have a line on a guy with a pair for sale, I haven't seen them yet, may not be as clean as this beauty, he is claiming they are an 8 out of 10.. I know he is willing to let them go cheap, but what's s good price for these??
The guy is saying just make me an offer.. What should I offer for a pair of those?

Also, there is a guy on Ebay trying to get almost $400 for the 2125.. Is that way overpriced??

One last thing, my guess if these are way better than the M series?? EG: M44??

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think the SQ stacking on PG is something like ZPA-MS-M

Not a huge leap from ZPA down to M. All three are very well regarded from an SQ point of view.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BEFORE YOU GO RUNNING OUT AND BUY OLD PG STUFF YOU MUST REALIZE YOUR GOING TO NEED TO CHANGE OUT SOME PARTS LIKE THE CAPS OR ELSE THEY MIGHT LEAK OUT OR ALREADY BE LEAKING...

THIS CAN EAT AWAY THE BOARD...CATCH FIRE.....OR JUST NOT WORK AT ALL...BUT THE COST OF DOING THIS CAN BE AS MUCH AS WHAT YOU THOUGHT WAS A GOOD PRICE ON THE AMP..

$400 FOR THAT ms2125 IS HIGH...ESPECIALLY IF YOU NEED TO HAVE IT WORKED ON IE CHANGE OUT ALL THE CAPS ...

ANY m OR ms OR EVEN zpa SHOULD HAVE THE CAPS REPLACED BY NOW AS THEY ARE OLD AND LEAK PRONE NOW...

THAT IS WHY YOU SHOULD BUY THE ONE I HAVE LISTED FOR SALE...WHICH IS THIS ONE RIGHT HERE.....THAT I SAID i WOULDNT SELL

·
Registered
954 Posts
BEFORE YOU GO RUNNING OUT AND BUY OLD PG STUFF YOU MUST REALIZE YOUR GOING TO NEED TO CHANGE OUT SOME PARTS LIKE THE CAPS OR ELSE THEY MIGHT LEAK OUT OR ALREADY BE LEAKING...

THIS CAN EAT AWAY THE BOARD...CATCH FIRE.....OR JUST NOT WORK AT ALL...BUT THE COST OF DOING THIS CAN BE AS MUCH AS WHAT YOU THOUGHT WAS A GOOD PRICE ON THE AMP..

$400 FOR THAT ms2125 IS HIGH...ESPECIALLY IF YOU NEED TO HAVE IT WORKED ON IE CHANGE OUT ALL THE CAPS ...

ANY m OR ms OR EVEN zpa SHOULD HAVE THE CAPS REPLACED BY NOW AS THEY ARE OLD AND LEAK PRONE NOW...

THAT IS WHY YOU SHOULD BUY THE ONE I HAVE LISTED FOR SALE...WHICH IS THIS ONE RIGHT HERE.....THAT I SAID i WOULDNT SELL

You're yelling at me, where is the "Gentle" in "Jax"??

LMAO!! Sorry, I didn't read the whole ad, didn't realize that you are selling it.

Don't do it man!! I sold off many of my amps and I am now a broken man :(

·
Registered
954 Posts
I think the SQ stacking on PG is something like ZPA-MS-M

Not a huge leap from ZPA down to M. All three are very well regarded from an SQ point of view.
I looked at the boards on Ampguts, the MS seems a bit more substantial than the M..

I have owned the M series, awesome amps. Heard the MS, awesome amps. Was never able to do an A/B comparison..

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He was just driving home the whole "caps replacement" issue by using all caps. That's some major follow through!:D

yeah, exactly what I was doing...haha...no I was in a super hurry like I had 10 minutes to shower and get dressed and out the door and on time for work for the first time this week as I had been out with the sick baby...

sorry...i wasnt yelling....

but anyhow.....I have had so many amps that even though this is special ...it goes along side many special amps I have had to give up...

there was a time couple years ago I could keep them all..not any more...

·
Registered
404 Posts
looks like i found a keeper...mint shape ...burr brown upgrade and new caps..even better than when it was new...even if I have to run just 1 amp and deck power this is the amp I will keep....never thought I would say that ...hah

I'm lost...the 'keeper' is now for sale?:confused:. So more of a fling then a marriage. This definitely looks to be one of a kind.

·
Registered
954 Posts
looks like i found a keeper...mint shape ...burr brown upgrade and new caps..even better than when it was new...even if I have to run just 1 amp and deck power this is the amp I will keep....never thought I would say that ...hah

I'm lost...the 'keeper' is now for sale?:confused:. So more of a fling then a marriage. This definitely looks to be one of a kind.
Ditto.. I thought he was talking about a beauty that he is keeping.. But he yelled at me..

Bad Jax, Bad Bad Jax!! LOL..

Suxx that ya gotta sell it, suxx anytime ya gotta sell ****.. I'm with the notion of some of these foreigners that sell their wives.. Those are real men!! **** anint working out? Oh well, ***** gotta go.. See ya honey, was fun while it lasted.. Don't let the door hit you on your ass on the way out.. YEAH RIGHT!! If I were married and my significant other caught wind of that truly tasteless comment, I'm well sure I'd be the one sold!!

Anyway, I hope everything is alright with you.. Hope whatever it is, it all works out for you..

So are you selling it? Or did I miss an insider joke?? If for sale, what's your asking price? I'm thinking yours and the other 2 I mentioned for front stage..

BTW, replacing caps is a non issue for me, can do that kind of work.. From what the seller is telling me, the boards are pristine. He is asking $200 each, but is willing to negotiate, has quite a few other amps that I may be purchasing.. Package deal low ball about to fly!! (not for yours)

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes mine is on ebay now

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
Instead of a keeper, it was more like a one night stand :p

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha

actually its called a 5month old baby....I got to keep him and sell the amp.....and buy food and diapers ....and now pay hospital bill...more of them

·
Registered
954 Posts
haha

actually its called a 5month old baby....I got to keep him and sell the amp.....and buy food and diapers ....and now pay hospital bill...more of them
I think we should push to have a bill passed with congress.. Obama is offering assistance to homeowners in trouble with their ARM's (no pun intended)

We should have a similar program for people like us, folks that are fanatical about CA should be offered assistance in times of need.

CA keeps us sane. Where would I be without something to keep the "Devils Playground" occupied with happy thoughts? I'll tell you where I'd be.. I'd be out causing mayhem.

I sold a bunch of my amps and that started making me cookoo. Not a good thing when I start losing marbles...

Congrats on the Newbie BTW. I hope he grows up with a great deal of admiration and respect for an obviously doting father.. He may never know the sacrifices that you are making on his behalf, but when he reaches adulthood and shows you the respect that you earned as a man, that's all the reward you'll need.

You're a better man than me Jax, if I were in your shoes, I would have "shook down" (forceful extortion of) a local drug dealer or something...

GL with the sale on Ebay, I'll be watching the auction.

Eggz.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts