DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have decided on what I want to go with. Now it's time to start collecting this stuff :shock: I've already got the A100.2 :lol:

This will be going in my 2005 Toyota Tacoma XRunner

·
Registered
415 Posts
ehh..its aight.....

:p

question: How are you planning to run a 4-way system (sub, midbass, midrange, treble) with a 3-way crossover...?
heres mine :)

sneak peak!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10K2HVN said:
ehh..its aight.....

:p

question: How are you planning to run a 4-way system (sub, midbass, midrange, treble) with a 3-way crossover...?
I thought the DCX2496 was more than a 3 way crossover :?:

So I take it this won't work?

If all else fails I might be able to run the subs off the computers sound card.

NPDANG, how would I go about doing this?

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
It is alot of things, but it only has 6 pairs of outputs :)

For the subwoofer I generally just use the headunit as a crossover/eq, or you could use your amp's processing as well. Alot of options really. You could even buy 2 of the dcx2496 units and still cost you only $500 for an 8 way setup verus $600+ for the h701 alone.

·
Registered
693 Posts
10k...how do u like those Seas mids? id like to replace my Vifa's and was considering that mid. also looking at the 7" Peerless HDS Exclusive mid.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kappa546 said:
sweet setup... how much is it all running you?
Well depends on how much I get the amps for and the computer. On the computer I hope not to spend over 500-600. The screen is another 400-500.
For everything including all the wiring, sound proofing and deadener probably around 4k. Then I still gotta get an enclosure/amp rack built.

:shock:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
xDeLiRiOuSx said:
Nice setup! It's going to be expensive :) to buy all that stuff, at once!

Good luck

Hope you get some good deals!

David
Thanks,

I wish I could buy it all at once :D

But it's going to take a while to have everything. :?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
npdang said:

For the subwoofer I generally just use the headunit as a crossover/eq, or you could use your amp's processing as well. Alot of options really. You could even buy 2 of the dcx2496 units and still cost you only $500 for an 8 way setup verus $600+ for the h701 alone.
I guess it would be best to use a headunit as well. Would be good to have if the computer crashes or dies.

Probably get a deh-p860mp.

·
Registered
415 Posts
npdang said:

LMAO!! ..thats a great to read first thing in the morning.... :lol:

·
Registered
415 Posts
minitruck_freq said:
10k...how do u like those Seas mids? id like to replace my Vifa's and was considering that mid. also looking at the 7" Peerless HDS Exclusive mid.
if youre taking about the Vifa PL's then they will own those things!! well..i didnt have much experience with the PL's because i gave them away after about ~3 hours of play time.. although ive only had about ~3 hours of play time on these mids too, i really like them.. theyre seem very linear and accurate (for a car) and good output too!

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
As in another thread, two DCX unints are the way to go for a four way system, mine are on the way here now.

PC based, two DCX units, LCY ribbons, Lotus Ref mids and midbasses, Arc 15 sub, two 4150 and one 1500 amp.

Seems alot of great systems on this site:):):)

Rick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts